Quantcast

Question 27-34" ultra wide 4k tv monitor with speakers for gaming!!

darren68uk

is there such beast

long of the shorts is, we have a room that has a tv on the wall, the tv is going, as its not really used, im putting up a wall mounted computer desk, to use my gaming laptop on, but want a decent monitor on the wall to connect to,

the wife does occasionally do yoga with her yoga dvds, so still wants to do that, so it needs to have a hdmi input and speakers ideally,

gaming wise, its mainly FPS like Call of duty, mixed in with some F1 driving and flight sims,

budget is max £500

any thoughts welcome,

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
4K is a 16:9 resolution, so an ultra-wide 4K screen won't exist.

If you want a HiDPI/Retina resolution (the generic terms for more pixels in the same space) there's not a great deal of choice in ultrawide yet. As far as I'm aware it's only LG's 5120x2160 34WK95U and that's currently twice your maximum budget (although it does have speakers).

Would you rather sacrifice the pixel density or the aspect ratio?

darren68uk

4K is a 16:9 resolution, so an ultra-wide 4K screen won't exist.

If you want a HiDPI/Retina resolution (the generic terms for more pixels in the same space) there's not a great deal of choice in ultrawide yet. As far as I'm aware it's only LG's 5120x2160 34WK95U and that's currently twice your maximum budget (although it does have speakers).

Would you rather sacrifice the pixel density or the aspect ratio?
Yeah i see the problem, i could of done a bit of research there, I guess given my budget, and what i need maybe 4k isn't the route at the mo, to be honest, not sure my laptop can game in 4K anyway, given its only a GTX 1060,

think a 34" ultra wide monitor will do the trick, just searches didnt bring up anything with speakers

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
There are a few choices around for a 34" 21:9 Monitor with VRR and speakers such as the iiyama XUB3493WQSU and LG 34WK650.

darren68uk

There are a few choices around for a 34" 21:9 Monitor with VRR and speakers such as the iiyama XUB3493WQSU and LG 34WK650.
thanks, both nice monitors, couldnt find any reviews of the XUB3493WQSU
but the LG one looks favourable

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
I’ve been using the 34UC99 for a long time now from LG. Absolutely brilliant monitor. Built in speakers are good enough for video conferencing etc. And besides the ultra wide the killer feature for me is that it charges my laptop via usb c.

darren68uk

I went for the LG 34GK950F in the end, havent got it out the box yet, was a little over my budget !!! tried to get the Alienware aw3420dw for similar price, but they wernt having it, so this is supposed to be a similar beast but cheaper,
also got the this to mount it

its supposed to be an immense arm, and some people have indicated its a rebadged Ergotron LX

looking at the pics and utube vids it looks like it,

i realise my GTX1060 might struggle to run this monitor but happy to lower game settings, failing that then my only course of action is a new build pc which i would be gutted to build obviously :laugh:

Top Bottom