27" 1440p Monitor on a Budget?

KingD

Hey everyone,
just wondering if anyone on here with perhaps more knowledge could point me in the direction of a decent 27" monitor?

will mainly used for browsing and gaming (non competitive), occasional family photo editing.

looking for something IPS I think? ideally with speakers for casual use (I use my TV for PC gaming mostly, sometimes headphones)

currently rocking a 24" 1080p at 60hz and feel like Im a little behind the times.

System is running Ryzen 5 with 1070ti, likely upgrading to the new RTX 3070/80 series or big Navi depending whats best.

budget is key, so would like the best "bang for buck"

thanks!

Delvey

Distinguished Member

KingD

Keep an eye on HKUD. Quite a few around at the moment. I aim for the bigger manufacturers (Dell, HP etc)
I hope its decent, I couldnt help myself and purchased, showing as delivery on 16/10, good thing Im not in a hurry!

sykotik

Distinguished Member
That monitor you just bought is AMD freesync yet you have a nvidia GPU and wanting the newer nvidia GPU which is G-sync ...

to get the best out of you GPU look for a G-sync monitor ( all tho these can be more expensive than the freesync ones )
or
AMD are bring out their new line up of GPU's soon which should work just fine with the monitor you have just gotten..

psikey

Distinguished Member
That monitor you just bought is AMD freesync yet you have a nvidia GPU and wanting the newer nvidia GPU which is G-sync ...

to get the best out of you GPU look for a G-sync monitor ( all tho these can be more expensive than the freesync ones )
or
AMD are bring out their new line up of GPU's soon which should work just fine with the monitor you have just gotten..
I thought NVidia cards now also work with Freesync though G-Sync is likley better.

Delvey

Distinguished Member

or
Nvidia is now compatible with freesync

KingD

yeah its was my understanding that it was now compatible, I guess I'll find out in a month lol, bit of a wait, now ive ordered it I want it yesterday!

psikey

Distinguished Member
Oops my bad , ignore me , move on , nothing to see :blush:
From what I've read NVidia card should still be technically a better option with a proper G-Sync monitor but would anybody notice?

I bought a 55" OLED LG B9 as upgrade for my ASUS ROG Swift 1440p/165Hz G-Sync because the TV does G-Sync with my 2080Ti. Smooth as silk. Will even manage 4k/120 with the HDMI 2.1 on 3000 series cards

KingD

who knows I might end up with the new AMD card anyways, swanky G-Sync TV would be a really nice future upgrade for me, hadnt thought of that :D

sykotik

Distinguished Member
From what I've read NVidia card should still be technically a better option with a proper G-Sync monitor but would anybody notice?

I bought a 55" OLED LG B9 as upgrade for my ASUS ROG Swift 1440p/165Hz G-Sync because the TV does G-Sync with my 2080Ti. Smooth as silk. Will even manage 4k/120 with the HDMI 2.1 on 3000 series cards
Thing is , i should of know this !! ( i fact i do know this lol )
I have a sammy TV and im wanting a new card to take advantage of the freesync 1440p 120hz option which is only available on the nvidia 2000 or 3000 cards ....

just didn't cross my mind , when i wrote that post ....

KingD

Monitor arrived today, very pleased with it so far, yet to try it on gaming but the higher res/refresh and a bit more screen real estate is very noticable :D
had to order a DP cable though as only HDMI came in the box and I cant enable G-sync without it.