26LG3000 problem - advice required...

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by IanMoone, Jul 9, 2015.

1. IanMoone

IanMoone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 26LG3000 LCD TV has started to switch itself off after approx. 10 mins and stay on the red standby light. Thinking that this may be a capacitor issue, I got the back off and inspected the the boards. There doesn't appear to be any bulging or leaking capacitors on PSU or main board.

Powering on with the back off - I've noticed a clicking noise coming from the PSU board. I'm presuming this is a relay, although I don't have the technical know how to test each component individually.

Now, i'm all set to swap out the PSU with:

715T3181-1 LG 26LG3000 POWER SUPPLY | eBay

Seems like a cheap easy fix.

Does anyone think it could be anything else other than PSU before I go ahead and purchase?

I have disconnected PSU from main board and there is no signs of life to tv (presumeably it needs the main board connected). I have disconnected controller board and then powered up - clicking noise still there.

My concern here is could the problem be the main board (or something else) rather than the PSU even though PSU is clicking?

2. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,468
    Hi Ian

I'm no engineer so wouldn't want to give you any duff advice but have a thread bump on me.