1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26" or 27" LCD recommendations please?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by racingsnake, Jun 3, 2005.

1. racingsnake

racingsnake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I was considering the Thomson 27LCDB03B as it had all the connectivity I wanted and SWMBO liked the look of it. The thing is, when I saw it in Comet, it has a glass panel over the screen area that picks up every reflection in the room, very distracting. Also the chap at Currys could not seem able to get Prog scan and Component vid working. So I decided to try some alternatives, but need some advice from the gurus here. My shortlist comprises:

Hitachi 26LD6200,
    Pan TX26LXD50,
    Sharp LC26GA3,4,5E.

So, what would you all go for, I'm not able to trust the rags really, am I? :confused:

Best,

Jim

2. racingsnake

racingsnake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I should have mentioned, I am not going to be running the on board speakers of any of these panels, so the ability to physically remove them would be a postive advantage to reduce the wall space taken up and allow the mounting of my centre speaker as close as poss to the screen.

Also can the sound be muted, if speaker removal is not possible, without the presence of an on screen "mute" icon?

Do the Sharp or Pan speakers "unclip" from the LCD? Looks like they could?

Jim

3. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    sharp series 5 (speakers under screen) ive been told u cnat remove them. where as series 3 and 4 if u can find them can be removed (there on side)

jason

theres a new samsung screen due out which comes in 26"