1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26" LCD Wall Mounting bracket suggestions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by davebrear, Jul 5, 2005.

1. davebrear

davebrear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

I have just bought a 26" Hitachi 26LD6200 with the intention of wall mounting it. Looking into it i am quite shocked at how complicated and expensive it all seems to be!! :) Having looked around the internet i found a variety of cheap mounts for up to 23", and then a load of expensive swivel / tilt etc suitable for bigger TV's. Can anyone suggest a reasonable priced flush fitting wall bracket for me? don't need anything fancy other than the ability to stay on the wall.

Thanks (and hello everyone this my 1st post :hiya: )

Dave
    (Former lurker)

2. Cyclone

Cyclone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I had trouble finding one at a decent price for my 26" Acer. The shops seem to go up to 23", and they are expensive. On the net there seem so many at varying prices it's difficult to know what to go for.

I also wanted one that kept the TV close to the wall, but not necessarly flush with it.

Anyway, after lots of searching I came accross this one from play.com (didn't think they did stuff like this, but now I know)

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=genbrw&page=title&r=ELEC&title=632862

Looks very simple, but hope will do the job. It has swivel and tilt and meets the needs for a 26" screen. No idea how good it is, but ordered one anyway. It should arrive soon, but until my garage conversion is fininshed, I won't be putting it up. So can't let you know for a while if it's any good.....

Play.com have it for £29.99 (including delivery) but you can get it direct from here:
    http://www.vivanco-direct.com/acatalog/Stands_and_Brackets.html

for £26.99 (again including delivery I think).

The other one from this company that caught my eye was:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=genbrw&page=title&r=ELEC&title=632850

But a little more pricey.....

Hope this helps.

Oh, don't know what fittings the Hitachi is, but these are VESA 50/75/100mm

3. davebrear

davebrear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for all the help cyclone. I shop at play.com all the time and it never occured to me that they might sell this kind of thing!

the hitachi is VESA compatible so I have just ordered the cheaper 1 at £26.99. I'll let you know how fitting goes when it arrives!!!

Also got one of those TV swivel brackets for the kitchen portable TV!

T
    Thanks

Dave :thumbsup: