26" LCD TV: Lowest Response Time?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by JohnMatrix, Feb 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JohnMatrix

JohnMatrix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently trying to find 26" LCD TV's with the lowest response time possible after my bad experience with ghosting while playing FIFA on a Samsung LE26A336 with 8ms response time.

Models with the best I can find are:

LG 26LG4000 - 6.5 ms:
    LG 26LG4000 : LG UK

LG 26LC46 - claims to be 3 ms! but contrast ratio is only 800:1 are these specs correct?:
    LG 26LC46 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Sharp LC26D44EBK - 6 ms:
    SHARP LC26D44EBK at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Are there any other models I should know about with a low response time in order to prevent ghosting/motion blurring? Is there anything these 26" with low response times miss out on that would still provide a bad picture?

2. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    I'm sorry but even a standard AM-LCD with RT in the microsecond will ghost due to the driving method. Also, I would stay well away from cheap TN panels.

If you're really sensitive to motion, then you'll need a PDP or an LCD with MCFI (100Hz+)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  3. JohnMatrix

JohnMatrix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what I gather this isn't available on many 26" models would I have to move up to 32" if I wanted a good tv with 100Hz?

Is the Panasonic TX-26LXD70 the only 26" with 100Hz mode? It seems quite hard to get hold of and pretty expensive.

4. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Yes, you have to get the Panasonic 32" with MCFI for £460 via Amazon UK cos it's the only choice under £500.