26" LCD TV: Lowest Response Time?

JohnMatrix

Standard Member
I'm currently trying to find 26" LCD TV's with the lowest response time possible after my bad experience with ghosting while playing FIFA on a Samsung LE26A336 with 8ms response time.

Models with the best I can find are:

LG 26LG4000 - 6.5 ms:
LG 26LG4000 : LG UK

LG 26LC46 - claims to be 3 ms! but contrast ratio is only 800:1 are these specs correct?:
LG 26LC46 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Sharp LC26D44EBK - 6 ms:
SHARP LC26D44EBK at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Are there any other models I should know about with a low response time in order to prevent ghosting/motion blurring? Is there anything these 26" with low response times miss out on that would still provide a bad picture?

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
I'm sorry but even a standard AM-LCD with RT in the microsecond will ghost due to the driving method. Also, I would stay well away from cheap TN panels.

If you're really sensitive to motion, then you'll need a PDP or an LCD with MCFI (100Hz+)

Last edited:

JohnMatrix

Standard Member
I'm sorry but standard AM-LCD with RT is the microsecond will still ghost. Also, I would stay well away from cheap TN panels.

If you're really sensitive to motion, then you'll need a PDP or an LCD with MCFI (100Hz+)

From what I gather this isn't available on many 26" models would I have to move up to 32" if I wanted a good tv with 100Hz?

Is the Panasonic TX-26LXD70 the only 26" with 100Hz mode? It seems quite hard to get hold of and pretty expensive.

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
Yes, you have to get the Panasonic 32" with MCFI for £460 via Amazon UK cos it's the only choice under £500.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom