1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26" LCD on a shoe string budget

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by choky101, May 23, 2005.

1. choky101

choky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you guys know where i can get a 26" lcd on a shoestring budget?
    I'm not great at telling the difference in pic quality but obviously I don't want a fuzzy screen.

2. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How long's the piece of shoestring? ;)

According to the 60 page long thread in this forum, there's a nice Sonix branded 26" LCD for £500 from large Sainsburys stores. Stock is an issue though, and it sounds like some people are suffering from reliability issues.

I'd read the thread, and judge for yourself if you are willing to take the risk.

There's also a 27" Toshiba 27WL55 on Pixmania (I think) which for the same price as above, doesn't look too bad a price for a brand name. It's lacking in connectivity compared to the Sonix though.

I have not seen the above 2 models for myself so I am unable to tell you about pq. :lesson:

Ben

3. moshchops

moshchops
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hum, beg to differ on the Toshiba, connectivity is not a problem, loads of options. :thumbsup:

4. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    It doesn't have component (YUV) inputs which are important for a lot of people (DVD players, games consoles).