1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26 inch screens Just dont cut it!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by bonc, Oct 26, 2005.

1. bonc

bonc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good,

now I got your attention, can anyone set my mind at ease with the following?:

Why is it that some schools of thought say, you cant really benefit from the joys of High definition on a 26 inch screen!!!

I have also heard that a 26 inch is the lowest screen size you can have to even attempt to enjoy High def!

what is a 32 incher got that I aint got? :)

I have read comments like this in places, and wonder if there is any truth to it?

:suicide:

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Simple, sitting at an average distance you going to have to have pretty keen eyesight to notice much improvement in PQ for HD on a 26" screen over a good quality SD picture, I'm not saying it isn't there it's just more difficult to see. To reap the real benefit of HD the bigger screen the better.

3. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Perhaps that is one reason they don't seem to include HDMI on the 23" screens and smaller. I've been looking for a 23" display for a few months but I've come to the conclusion that to get the features I want (i.e. HDMI/DVI) I'm probably going to have to go for a 26" screen which is a little impractical for PC usage.

4. bonc

bonc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Neil!

but I'm assumimg the HD picture quality my 26 inch screen is displaying is just as good as the 32 inch screen (same make) - just the fact you have a bigger screen and hence reap the joys of bigger pictures!!!

Not all bad I guess, harder to notice them ugly artifacts that also plague the 32inch + screens too! :rolleyes:

5. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Exactly, the PQ quality of HD is the same over the 26", 32" and 37" screen, assuming they all have the same resolution, it's just more noticeable on the large screen.

Having said that though, sitting at a relative distance from all 3 sizes, the smaller size should look sharper due to the smaller pixels.