26" Hdtv

samar7

Banned
Ok this is doing my head in now, im after a 26" hdtv but i have no idea which to get, its out of;

Panasonic Viera TX26LXD60 LCD HD Ready Digital Television, 26 Inch
Samsung LE26R74BDX LCD HD Ready Digital Television, 26 Inch
Sony Bravia KDL26S2030U LCD HD Ready Digital Television, 26 Inch, Black
Sony KDL26U2000U (26" Widescreen LCD TV - HD Ready - With Freeview)

which one is the best, plz someone help me.

Cheers

samar

Reaperman

Novice Member
Ok this is doing my head in now, im after a 26" hdtv but i have no idea which to get, its out of;

Cheers

samar

Well I have just bought the Sony KDL26U2000U (26" Widescreen LCD TV - HD Ready - With Freeview) from Sainsbury for £499...(Also a Bravia)

The PQ is stunning for a small screen..both analogue and FV are very good too....just watched the film Robots on it and it was most excellent...!

Tam1

Standard Member

Cheers

samar
Have to admit, I'm in the same position.

The only use I'll need for it is freeview and to watch dvd's. No HD stuff yet just good quality SD is all i'm after.

Its to replace a small 14" bedroom CRT so anything to be honest is an improvement, but really, what is the best 26" SD LCD (with built in freeview).

Was going to go Mirai, but still not sure what the score is with them, then been looking at all the above in your lists. as well as the Toshiba and also the LG.

Suppose it might just come down to what is best deal on boxing day... and that will do!.

R

Raven1907

Im propbably going to get the samsung bordeaux when it hits ££450 (probably in two days), i'll be using it with my 360 and with dvds and my pc.

timus

I to am in the same position quite like the look of the Samsung to use with my PS2 and Wii, am i right in thinking it has a Game Mode in the TV? Just want to know what its SD Pq is like, does it struggle with fast moving sport like football?

Mr Cole

I can definately recommend the Panasonic TX26LXD60. I recently bought one for my bedroom and have been very impressed so far. I did have the Sony KDL26S model for a couple of days but changed to the Panasonic after reading better reviews (plus the Panny was cheaper than the Sony). I also looked at the Samsung too but wasn't very impressed with the sound when I looked at one.

The Panasonic also got a best award in a group test of 26" LCD's in What Home Cinema last month. Not sure if it's important to you or not though but the Panny is the only one of your choice which has 2 hdmi's too.

AiEri

Novice Member
Well I have just bought the Sony KDL26U2000U (26" Widescreen LCD TV - HD Ready - With Freeview) from Sainsbury for £499...(Also a Bravia)
wow..thats a bargin.
which sainsbury did u go to? (any chance in London?)
(is it the same for all Sainsbury?)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom