• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

~26" HDTV - 1080 vs 720

DiscoDave86

Standard Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm after a TV for my bedroom, it's quite a small room hence the size.

I've noticed that recently smaller screens are able to output at 1080p, but I'm just wondering if it's worth getting a tv of about 26" size outputting at that resolution mainly because I'm planning on just having freeview at the moment (moving house soon) hence I assume standard definition will look poor when viewed at a 1080p resolution.

Therefore, is it just better in my situation to get a tv that outputs to 720p? If so, can someone recommend me a decent tv please? about £300

Thanks,

David

Houldey

Unless you are sitting abnormally close to the 26" TV, you will not notice the difference between 720p and 1080p. It's as simple as that.

By the way, I notice that 32" TVs are now pretty much the same price as 26" TVs, it seems. Is 32" too big for you?

Good luck,

H

EDIT: I think that the 32" Samsung or Toshiba on Amazon for ~£300 are the best entry-level TVs. I can't rememember the exact model names, but if you search '32" lcd' you will find them pretty quickly.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom