1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26"/32" LCD for PC Games

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by J_men, Sep 21, 2005.

1. J_men

J_men

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

I'm looking for a screen that will be primarily used for PC games, i.e. Counter Strike, BF2, Doom 3 etc. So I want one with a really good response time, but all the manufactures all measure them differently. Is there anyone with first hand experience of some good screens??? Will be using a DVI or D-SUB connection.

I've had a quick look at these:-

Acer AL2671W
    Acer AT3201W
    Samsung LT-P266W (Not sure if model number has changed)
    Syntax LT27HV

There's quite a big price difference (£600-£800) between them so is there a big difference in quality. And also is there much difference between 26 and 32 inch screens apart from the size???

Thanks

2. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Hi J-Men, I recently purchased the Acer AT3201W and the build quality is excellent. I was playing Gran Turismo 4 on the Playstation last night and it looked really well with absolutely no lag. It has a response time of 12ms and should be fine for your gaming needs, especially at £800 for an HD Ready 32" TV!

3. knowley

knowley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BF2 is fantastic on a 32" but you might ahve to install PowerStrip to get the gamma and brightness right.