26"/27" Freeview LCD - Anything cheaper than £449.99?

Avoid Wharfendale like the plague. They're:censored:

They make a decent Freeview STB.

Cheers for that Samsung link. I'm mainly trying to get an idea of what's THE cheapest with that spec and then can work up.

Agreed if possible I'd get the Samsung but then it's not me paying for it.

Sony KDL-26U2000 at Sainsburys £499 so you go to like comet they do price match then reduce 10% which takes it to £450

i got a 26" goodmans from tesco for £399

does the job as a bedroom telly

EDIT: doesn't have integrated freeview though. i use mine with the £30 STB from asda

Sony KDL-26U2000 at Sainsburys £499 so you go to like comet they do price match then reduce 10% which takes it to £450

I think the price match is for 10% of the difference, not 10% off the price.:confused:

Comet terms say they beat the other stores price by 10% but store must be within a particular range and they do the price promise by phoning up the other store to check price and stock.

Comet terms say they beat the other stores price by 10% but store must be within a particular range and they do the price promise by phoning up the other store to check price and stock.
I think TracyS is right here. I took this from the comet site:

Comet Website said:
Even after you’ve made your purchase, we won't stop protecting you. The Comet Price Guarantee applies for up to 14 days after you've made your purchase with us. We'll not only match the price, but also beat it by 10% of the difference.

I'd love it if was just a straight 10% discount though :)

Thanks guys. Even £495 is a decent price, considering it's over £500 elsewhere.

A £5 reduction is pretty pathetic.

That is a very good price cheers. Is that nationwide?

i got a 26" goodmans from tesco for £399 does the job as a bedroom telly
Cheers Kez but I'd really like a Freeview model, it bugs me how much more they are. Considering as you say it's £30 for a Freeview box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom