25th Anniversary of PlayStation UK Release

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PlayStation was launched in the UK today in 1995.

I remember taking the afternoon off work to go into Liverpool to pick it up from GAME.

I had Wip3out pre-ordered with the console - that intro blew my mind!

PlayStation was definitely a step up from what we had seen before.

I was a bit behind the curve on the original Playstation - I really wanted one, but it was out of my budget as I was on my first job out of college, paying rent in Guildford and commuting to Basingstoke.

About a year later I flew to the USA ran a project that saved the company a massive loss of face as well as made a chunk of money. My VP was so impressed he got me one with a couple of games as a thank you. Lost it in a burglary a while later but I still have very fond memories of Wipeout!

Oh yes !
What a console. Just when I thought video games would never come back as main stream and it would be expensive PC's for adult games.
Metal Gear and Syphon filter, ridge racer and rage racer. Grand turismo and Toca Touring car. GTA and my wife loved Pandamonium.

This console brought so many WOW moments. Resident Evil was so new, nothing had ever been like it in so many ways. Me and some friends who worked together used to go to pals house every lunchtime to watch him play the game and it was captivating. Not sure any games will ever have that level of excitement again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom