>25ms for gaming acceptible?

SpiralTrance

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been reading some reviews on hdtvtest for plasma and lcd tvs and they are giving response times of over 25ms and in the same breath talking about lack of lag and how smooth and responsive everthing is.

Now i'm coming from PC gaming but these sort of specs are dire by PC standards. Am I missing something about these specs? Is lag time perceieved differently when you'r sat several meters away from a screen?

Last edited:
Lag is lag as far as I'm aware but I'm no expert. Some say anything below 30 isn't noticeable others need far less.
My set is said to be round 16 and I find FPS a delight and no different to playing on my PC in this regard. I think anything above maybe 20 would be to much for me. Screen size plays a big part too, going over 40" can increase the response times with LCD.

Best thing to do is take your console to a store during a particularly quite day and see for yourself, numbers in reviews and stat sheets is fine but you need to see for yourself to be sure. JL and RS should let you have a play, many independents will too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom