• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

25mm 1.4 PL - Street/Portrait

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Looks to be a good lens you got there Dan

I keep expecting to appear in one of your lunchtime photos as I'm walking down the high street with my M&S sandwich! :laugh:

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Nice shots. I don't think the subject isolation's that bad. Take the first shot for example, even though the background is not as blurred as your 5D3 shots he still seems to pop and has that slight superimposed look which I like.

One general observation is that I think the EM1 shots are slightly softer than your 5D3 shots as a whole, is this down to processing or would you say the EM1/EM1 lenses is/are a touch softer? ( or do my eyes deceive me ;))

Oh and before anyone flames me, I'm not saying they're soft (and nowhere near as soft as mine ;)), just not quite as sharp as his 5D3 :p

Dancook

Distinguished Member
I think it's mostly because the lens is being used wide open, and whilst it's pretty good wide open - it will probably get sharper as I stop down.

I suspect all my other lenses are sharper wide open, well not 100% sure about the Zeiss 35mm 1.4

This is the cheapest lens I own :D

Last edited:

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Got to say, you must've been pretty brave to take some of these shots as you must've been pretty close?

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Got to say, you must've been pretty brave to take some of these shots as you must've been pretty close?

the 4th one is a crop from landscape to portrait, but the others I was fairly close - it's easier with the discreet camera. I look forward to trying it more

snerkler

Distinguished Member
the 4th one is a crop from landscape to portrait, but the others I was fairly close - it's easier with the discreet camera. I look forward to trying it more
Are you shooting from the hip on the sly then?

snerkler

Distinguished Member
People sometimes notice I might be doing something with my camera, but I don't engage them - and they don't see me looking at them through the camera. I think it works well.
Sounds good. I tried this with the A77 but my sling strap doesn't lend well to shooting like this, and I find the camera too heavy for my neck strap (I have a bad neck :rolleyes: ;)). The lighter weight of the CSC would be idea for a neck strap.

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Sounds good. I tried this with the A77 but my sling strap doesn't lend well to shooting like this, and I find the camera too heavy for my neck strap (I have a bad neck :rolleyes: ;)). The lighter weight of the CSC would be idea for a neck strap.

I don't use any straps myself, I just hold it. Maybe I should have got an external monitor for my 5dm3 and did the same ;D

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Yeah, cos it's not big enough already ;)

I've often considered getting one of those hand straps to carry it in my hand, but not sure how much use I'd get. After all, I don't exactly do a lot of street stuff :laugh:

shotokan101

Banned

PMSL ;) :devil:

...I don't even use a strap on the E-M10 at the moment - though I'm sure I'll regret that one day...

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom