1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

25inch 4:3 LCD TV?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by slewis1972, Jul 20, 2004.

1. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Mum of all people wnats to get a LCD screen - basically because it will fit inot a new cabinet for the lounge she is buying.

She though prefers 4:3 screen and not widescreen - and this helps with the cabinet size as its width can be less than that of a widescreen cabinet.

Question though - suggestions - can she get a 25inch LCD in 4:3 as having a hardtime finding one.

Plus - anyone care to tell me if they have come across the dreaded pixel failure yet in LCD screens.

Scott

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,070
    Not aware of anything bigger than 21 inch (Sony). Bear in mind, this is about the same size as a 23-24 inch CRT.

Pixel failure:

I have

A 22 inch 16x9 LCD TV
    A 15 inch 4x3 LCD TV
    A 15 inch LCD PC monitor
    A portable DVD with a 5 inch 16x9 LCD screen
    A digital camera with a 2 inch LCD screen
    A Sony LCD projector

and I used to have a Sony LCD RP TV which my brother-in-law now uses.

The projector has a single pixel which is partly failed but is invisible to the naked eye at normal viewing distance. None of the others show any defect. They are all first purchase items - by which I mean, I've never had to return any of them for any fault, except the RPTV - and the fault wasn't a bad pixel; it was something much more obscure.