25 years of work present

jenic

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My father has £160 to spend on a 25 years of working at his job.

Any suggestions?

£100 of premium bonds. £60 on a nice meal.

He's had the nice meal, it has to be one item and i think it has to be a material thing, nothing financial that could be converted to cash.

basically it has to be tax deductable....lol

if he doesnt need anything then buy something that will hold its value for second hand selling :)

if he does need something...err...ask for it...lol

He has everything he wants, he like F1 and thought about getting one of those expensive official F1 models but its not something he really wants.

He was looking at a small photo printer but he knows it will never get used, i think he wants something to keep, a wall clock with pendulum is what he ideally wants but the one he found on the net wasn't available so they have told him to choose something else, we cant find any shops selling nice wall clocks.

160 quid for 25 years hard graft.i'm suprised your dad didn't tell them to stick the money up their arse, thats what i'm going to do next year when its my 25 years

ipod crazy said:
He has everything he wants, he like F1 and thought about getting one of those expensive official F1 models but its not something he really wants.

He was looking at a small photo printer but he knows it will never get used, i think he wants something to keep, a wall clock with pendulum is what he ideally wants but the one he found on the net wasn't available so they have told him to choose something else, we cant find any shops selling nice wall clocks.
What’s then vouchers you can get for special events, is there one for going for one going round the track????????

£160!!!!!!!!!!After 25 years??????????Tight arseholes:nono:
I give my staff a £400 voucher after 20 years.
You could add a bit to it and treat him to a day at Silverstone where I think they have 2 seater F1 cars you can go in with a pro driver.I know Jordan used to do it,don't know if they still do.That would be an experience he'd never forget.Much better than a clock IMO.He's just spent 25 years watching a clock!!!:thumbsup:

Take a poke around and see if there are any F1 auctions about. Even for £160 he might get a mirror or something.

He has done the formula ford track day last year so he dosen't want to do it again.

Keep the suggestions coming

indianwells said:
£160!!!!!!!!!!After 25 years??????????Tight arseholes:nono:
I give my staff a £400 voucher after 20 years.
You could add a bit to it and treat him to a day at Silverstone where I think they have 2 seater F1 cars you can go in with a pro driver.I know Jordan used to do it,don't know if they still do.That would be an experience he'd never forget.Much better than a clock IMO.He's just spent 25 years watching a clock!!!:thumbsup:

Only £400:eek: Now who's tight.;)

To be honest, after you have given your staff a secure job for most of their life and no doubt paid them well for doing the job (if you didn't they would have left years ago) don't you think you as the employer should get the gift
and not the employee??? Loyalty works both ways.:rotfl:

Martin

Threesome in a brasshouse

Just three... for £160... Inflation has taken hold in a very bad way!

What about just over a year's SkyHD subscriptions ...... ?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat (yep lucky I know) used to be a mainframe engineer working for a California startup (Amdahl Corporation) eventually taken over (twenty years on) by Fujitsu - They don't seem to know what to do with me now but keeping me on so no complaints but a bit bored....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom