Bargain 25% off QLED TVs @ Samsung Store (Discount Portal)

azurik777

Standard Member
I can't speak for the Q90R but stay well clear of the Q950R!

I got one with the 25% discount as it seemed such a good deal. After messing up my orders (two of them) I am still waiting for 1 of the refunds, the support has been a disgrace but more so, the TV was shocking compared to my LG OLED65E6 - so a. 2016 OLED literally wiped the floor with it.

I was trying to convince myself that the 950R was an amazing TV, I wax literally trying everything I could to like it, the best thing I could find really which others agreed with was it was nice how the Ring video doorbell would popup when watching TV and show you someone at the door! THAT WAS IT! 😂

The colours were all washed out on the 950R (probably due to the extra coating for "better viewing angles") and it was just dull compared to the vibrant amazing picture of the OLED.

Apparently the 900R (last years 8k) has better blacks and colours...go figure. Huge disappointment for me and I couldn't return it quick enough.
thanks for the heads up!

cypher007

It's back in stock! Just ordered and it will be arriving tomorrow.

Phew! :D
that was a quick 2 weeks.

im after a q70r but they all seem to be going out of stock :(

is it just today or have the q60r-q80r all been out of stock for a while now?

the deal ends on the 31st and i dont want to miss out. ive already cancelled my RS order at £1074.

Harry1986

that was a quick 2 weeks.

im after a q70r but they all seem to be going out of stock :(

is it just today or have the q60r-q80r all been out of stock for a while now?

the deal ends on the 31st and i dont want to miss out. ive already cancelled my RS order at £1074.
Hi this was back in stock for a bit last Tuesday and I too want this set too I just didn't buy it as currently have a Sony 49xf9005. But now I wish I did get. I'm hoping it comes back.

ZicoUK

Can get the Q90R 75” for £2.625 Or the Q950R in 75” for £4050 with my blue light card discount. I am set on the LG C9 but these prices are very tempting. No HDMI 2.1 though ( and only one slot on the 950r).
Can't really help on the Q90R but you do realise that some of the features of HDMI 2.1 are already in the 2019 QLEDS.

ALLM (auto low latency mode) and VRR (variable refresh rates) via FreeSync2 are available on all 55"+ 2019 QLEDS. Great features for Xbox One X gamers.
eARC (enhanced ARC) isn't present but may be made available via a firmware update (purely rumours online).
The other features are Dynamic HDR (Dolby Vision / HDR10+) and support for Higher Bandwidth, resolution and framerates (8K60, 4K120) which right now, in my opinion, is wasted on the vast majority of people out to buy UHD tv's.
More info on HDMI 2.1 features:

cypher007

well my phone pinged about lunch time today so jumped online. went through the student link and still showing get stock alert. so phoned them up and to be honest they need to get some staff I can actually understand. anyway was told even though I could see buy now via the normal site and get stock alert via the student link, that this was normal as the TV's were assigned to different stock piles or something.

so after about 15mins had another go, as I wondered if it was just the websites not updating as quick, and bingo buy now was showing so clicked and ordered. hopefully it arrives Friday in one piece.

Harry1986

well my phone pinged about lunch time today so jumped online. went through the student link and still showing get stock alert. so phoned them up and to be honest they need to get some staff I can actually understand. anyway was told even though I could see buy now via the normal site and get stock alert via the student link, that this was normal as the TV's were assigned to different stock piles or something.

so after about 15mins had another go, as I wondered if it was just the websites not updating as quick, and bingo buy now was showing so clicked and ordered. hopefully it arrives Friday in one piece.
Nice you've managed to order one. I'm still debating it whether it's upgrade over my Sony 49xg9005. Let us know how it all goes.

chapmac

Novice Member
Just a thank you to the OP. Having seen this thread just before purchasing a Q80R, I checked my own work discount scheme and there was the 25% offer. Duly purchased at discounted rate with the 5 year guarantee. Not only that but they were offering free installation including wall mounting too which saved me another 100 odd quid. 👍

Top Bottom