25% off Nintendo DSi, DSi XL, & Wii consoles at Sainsbury's

fanpages

After hearing of the offer at J Sainsbury plc (supermarkets) from discussions at HotUKDeals.com, I have just purchased the following at Sainsburys.co.uk:

Nintendo DSi XL Red: 25% off; now £108.74 (Save £36.25 Was £144.99) [Nectar points:216].

Use of Voucher Code: "L4RY - 9TDY - G6DQ" (£10 off £100) ("Vouchercodes.co.uk Christmas").

Total paid: £98.74.

I could have opted for collection in-store, but chose "Standard delivery in 3-5 working days: Free" (Free standard delivery on orders over £50).

Also QuidCo: "2% for consoles, games and accessories".

---

Further details:

[ J Sainsbury plc - Media - News - Company news - Sainsbury's to offer 25% off all Nintendo consoles (16 November, 2010) ]

25% off Nintendo DSi (was £124.99; now £93.74)
25% off Nintendo DSi XL (was £144.99; now £108.74)
25% off Wii Consoles (was £159.99; now £119.99)

* The offer runs from Wednesday 17 November 2010 - Thursday 2 December 2010 and applies to all Nintendo consoles.

* Only one of each console per customer.

* Offer available in store with limited online stock.

---

BFN,

fp.

fanpages

My order from Sainsburys.co.uk arrived today! :)

I trust one of the 959 viewers to this thread so far managed to make use of the above information.

Thank you for taking the time to show your appreciation, jimsgill.

BFN,

fp.

fanpages

When I hover over "Nintendo DSi XL Red" I am informed that the link is provided by "Skimlinks".

BFN,

fp.

fanpages

ah ok, was just interested, all sold out online it seems, good deal thou, cheers

The offer is ongoing until 2 December 2010, & stock has been playing the "Hokey Cokey" regarding availability online since first available (as it has been in-store too) as, rightly, the offer has generated a lot of interest.

Price-matching with branches of other stores in close proximity to local Sainsbury's supermarkets is also possible (such as PC World's "Price Promise" that offers an additional 10% off the matched price).

BFN,

fp.

evilvort3x

Novice Member
i got one from sainsbury's for 98 im thinking of taking my receipt to pc world and getting one for 89 i assume that would work, using a online reciept instore? :D

1ellis2345

This offer is no longer available at my local store or online :mad:

I called them and they told me the offer ended yesterday and was only for Wii consoles, NOT DSI's.

When i replied with "the offer should be on til the 2nd of December" she rudely replied with "not at this store" lol.

Guess i'll be paying full price! :(

Rob_R

What store was that? If someone can give me the barcode off the box the console comes in I'll be able to check it at work tomorrow.

fanpages

What store was that? If someone can give me the barcode off the box the console comes in I'll be able to check it at work tomorrow.

If either of you wish to view the specific Deal thread that I saw at HotUKDeals before transposing the information here ("25% off Nintendo consoles ( DSi - £93.74) , (DSi XL - £108.74 ) & (Wii - £119.99 ) @ Sainsburys") you will see that (many) others are still taking advantage of the offer.

BFN,

fp.

1ellis2345

It was Wrexham, I think the woman i spoke to tho must have had enough of people asking, coz went in there a few hours later, the deal was STILL on. I managed to grab the last one on the shelf! :thumbsup:

fanpages

A warning for those who took advantage of this offer.

The Nintendo DSi XL I purchased was used for, at most, 3 hours before the touchscreen failed.

After exchanging e-mails & telephone calls, it seems my only option is to return for a refund as the consoles are no longer sold from Sainsburys.co.uk; they are now on the SainsburysEntertainment.co.uk site instead:

[ Sainsbury's Entertainment | DS ]

Quoting the terms & conditions of sale &/or the returns policy to the Customer Services representatives did not sway their opinion that they only offer a "return & re-purchase" system, not a like-for-like exchange.

The two sites operate separately &, apparently, all stock was moved from one warehouse to another when the product listing changed between sites! (So I was told when I asked why an exchange was not possible)

This means anybody in the same position as myself now has to wait for collection in the second week of January on a designated day from 7am to 7pm, or send back to the retailer by an insured delivery service, or return a faulty item to a "Click'n'Collect" store.

A refund can take up to 30 days to process.

End result: A Christmas present that was used for 3 hours & a disappointed child until I can visit a Store with my original paperwork & wait for the refund prior to spending more to buy the same product elsewhere.

(Yes, & even if there is one on the shelf in the Store you visit to return the faulty item you have to go through the refund process & then buy the similar console [at a higher price] even though the actual re-credit of funds may take up to 30 days).

The Customer Services team representatives I communicated with were very pleasant, even with my continued quoting of their own terms & conditions & refunds policy clauses (that seemed to become more refined with respect to what was, & was not, covered; products less than £350 are treated differently to those purchased costing more than £350, for instance).

It is still the last time I will be purchasing from either Sainsburys.co.uk or SainsburysEntertainment.co.uk just in case I ever need to replace another item & they have again decided to move product listings between their online businesses.

BFN,

fp.

PS. I also now have to contact Nintendo directly to seek a refund of the £9 (1000 points) I purchased via the console during the 3 hours usage that is not transferrable.

fanpages

Further information (in case it helps another member):

The address provided to me during the purchase of 1000 Nintendo DSi Points on the (now) faulty console was:

Nintendo Service Centre
Nintendo UK
55-57 High Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1LP
+44(0)870 60 60 247

However, the details at [ Nintendo Service Centre ] state the following:

Telephone: +44(0)870 6060247 (please include the dialing [sic] code if you are calling from outside the UK)

Opening Times:
Mon - Fri 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday 08:30 - 15:30

Email: [email protected]
Fax: 02392 383444

Mail:
Nintendo Customer Service
Codestorm House
Farlington
PO6 1TR

I have submitted a request for a service repair online at [ Nintendo Service Centre ] & I am now waiting for the Free Post label to attach to my packaged console so I can return it (together with a proof of purchase).

BFN,

fp.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom