24xSSD Drives In RAID

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

H O L Y ****

I have 12 x 7200rpm drives in RAID5 and I get 800MB/s. if they were in RAID0 I'd get atleast double that. Would be a lot of fun to do it with 24x512GB Samsung 830s but bloody expensive!

That many drives in RAID 0 makes me very twitchy.

:eek::eek:

my god thats quite something

You get very very silly.

Question is though can he capture the first 2 M-COMS on Seine Crossing in BF3 before others load up? If not then it's just not worth it.

Wow, I remember this, this is old!

If you buy two OCZ Agility 3 drives and put them in RAID0 then you get 1GB/s read and write, things have really quite moved on.

Didnt notice how old it was, just thought it was pretty jaw opening to watch.

I actually thought this could be impressive until they claimed their 2019mbps was over 2gbps.

Hopefully you mean bytes and not bits ;)

They are technically right though, 2019MBps is greater than 2GBps. It's not greater than 2GiBps though.

Amazing. I want one.

for the cost you could get pci-e attached storage and that would be just as quick and give bigger storage, good test for a laugh but a bit stupid :D

Sniper Ash6 said:
Hopefully you mean bytes and not bits ;)

They are technically right though, 2019MBps is greater than 2GBps. It's not greater than 2GiBps though.

Just after 1:50 the guy says we beat 2000 megabytes per second with it showing 2019, the the overlay on the video says they broke 2 gigabytes per second. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they need to break 2048 megabytes for it to be 2gb, not 2019?

Just after 1:50 the guy says we beat 2000 megabytes per second with it showing 2019, the the overlay on the video says they broke 2 gigabytes per second. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they need to break 2048 megabytes for it to be 2gb, not 2019?

you are correct

does it really matter? ;)

The SI definition of mega and giga are 10^6 and 10^9 respectively. Therefore 1000MB = 1GB. 1024MB would be 1GiB - the binary prefix.

I wonder what it did to his access times though - throughput is great and all but the real benefit of SSD is access time not throughput.

I wonder what it did to his access times though - throughput is great and all but the real benefit of SSD is access time not throughput.

Access time is always less than 1ms with SSDs...part of the reason why they have such high data transfer speeds because instead of taking 5-10 ms to find the file is is near instant.

Wow, I remember this, this is old!

If you buy two OCZ Agility 3 drives and put them in RAID0 then you get 1GB/s read and write, things have really quite moved on.

Was just going to mention this, i've got just the setup and pull 900-1000mb/s with compressible data.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom