24meg broadband when?

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
talk talk will soon be rolling out 24meg broadband instead of up to 8 meg they will be doing up to 24meg. will sky in the future be following suit?

accyuklad said:
most wont do upto 24meg as hardly anyone can even reach past 8meg

8 meg??!! I'd be happy to get somewhere near 2mb :rotfl:

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Sky already use adsl2 which I am guessing what talk talk is offering

talktalk are also rolling out fibre optic from this month, but it will take a long time before we all have coverage though!

plus i get 19.5 mbs with TT LLU

Last edited:
I can see the exchange from my windows and I get 19meg

So the chances of people really benifiting from 24meg will be slip.

sky is upto 20meg currently is'nt it ?

max i get 20meg is o2 but i live near to exchange only way to 24meg is if you live next to it really

talk talk will soon be rolling out 24meg broadband instead of up to 8 meg they will be doing up to 24meg. will sky in the future be following suit?
I could have sworn that TalkTalk have always offered ADSL2+ - as opposed to up to 8 mb/s ADSL. Are you sure that it isn't just on your exchange that they are making the change?

Sky have always offered ADSL2+.

I believe Sky could offer the 24 Meg service if they wished as ADSL2+ does support it, but I think they've capped their service at 20 meg. not sure why though.

didn't realise sky was up to 20 meg thought it was up to 8meg my mistake:facepalm:

I got a letter yesterday telling me how great $ky's up to 20mbps broadband service was. No mention that if I left BT's Infinity service I would drop from 38mbps down to 0.5mbps. I think I will stay where I am.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom