24ft x 15ft room. Is a PV1 going to be ok???

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by bsimmer3000, Sep 7, 2007.

1. bsimmer3000

bsimmer3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Ok people i have already ordered this sub and now im worrying as i have noticed that some people on here are running a lot bigger subs in rooms a lot smaller than mine. was wondering if it will fill a 24x15ft room without to much problem. i have heard these subs running in rooms maybe 12x14ft and it sounded awesome but now im worried i will need a bigger sub because of the extra size.

2. Morb

Morb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    No i dont really think the PV1 is really going to fill your room with lots of low and loud bass. While it is an ok sub the main cost is in the design.

If you have a budget of about £900 you could get a SVS PB12+ in a wood finish, or pay a bit more and get a PB12+/2. Those subs however are HUGE but you seem to have the room. If you don't mind the looks you can save floor space and get the tube versions of the SVS subs with the new PC13 Ultra due out soon. I can say without any doubt any of those subs will fill the room with amazing bass.

There of course other makes of subwoofers out there and im sure they will be mentioned, you should try and listen to them though if possible although you might struggle to listen to a SVS as only avsales that sells them in the uk.