Question 24fps Judder /ISF dark mode query

marcd5123

Hi Guys question here from me.. Maybe a bit of an obvious answer here but I need some clarification please...

On my 2019 LG 55SM8600 which I love to bits fantastic TV best iv ever owned so far anyhow 📺. I use ISF Dark Mode and I use rtings calibration settings and I get absolutely fantastic amazing pictures way better than out the box anyhow.. Basicly FILMMAKER MODE is basically ISF Dark or Light mode with all video processing switched of after all it a purest mode anyway which is what I want. Anyhow with using ISF expert mode aka filmmakers mode when I see judder with any content either SDR content 1080p or 4K non HDR to 4K HDR10 or Dolby Vision does that indicate the errors in the source content the TV is receiving and playing back aka post production?? 🙄 Or is it an indication of the quality of the TVs CPU how well or bad it can handle that given content it's playing back .. After all judder is not realy a fault is it.. I presume if the guys not doing their jobs correctly after a film has been cut and sorting out the frame rate issues. So when I see any form of judder or any content using ISF Dark Mode I presume that's because the TV is acutally doing its job and showing that given content in its purest or roughest format including all the errors is this correct. 🤔??

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom