247electrical

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by wickerman, Oct 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. wickerman

wickerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Purchased a Humax pvr-8000t last month from 247electrical. First Humax continuously rebooted straight out of the box. Second Humax has failed some 4 weeks later with HD error and now continuously reboots. 247electrical have been less than helpful in giving a refund and have refered me to Humax. Humax are not in the business of giving out refunds and only fix the dead units. Anyone had any dealings with 247 you can only contact them via their website. I've lost faith in the product ! Am I just unlucky with the first couple of units or should I get a Humax else where. I've asked the CC company to place the purchase in dispute. :thumbsdow

2. Siamese Cat

Siamese Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Had a Humax from 24-7 that also went wrong. Had absolutely dreadful service from 24-7 and it took ages to get (my wife's) money back. Loads of calls and broken promises. Persevere and don't let yourself be fobbed off. Your contract is with them and if the goods are faulty it is their responsiblity to sort it. It is not Humax's responsibility - it's theirs. Keep a record of all your contacts with them and send any letters by recorded delivery so if you have to resort to the small claims court you'll have a precise record of everything. It probably won't come to that but the more you give the impression you mean business the better. Good luck.

It is a company that I would never go near again.

3. AllYourBase

AllYourBase
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yeah i had no end of problems with them when ordering some electricals for a new house, delivery dates kept slipping and it didn't really feel like they were organised at all, I would warn everyone away from using these cowboys!

4. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +874
    Never had any dealings with 24-7 so can't comment on them, but I have the PVR-8000T in the bedroom and find it to be an excellent piece of kit, with absolutely no problems found in my two months or so of use.

Cheers,

Martin.

5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    They have had adverse reports in other forums besides this one.

6. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +874
    24-7 or the PVR-8000T?

Martin.

7. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Well - probably both I should think! Sorry but I was referring to 24-7

8. stopher

stopher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got a tosh 42wlt58 from them ,delivered quickly via city link .after 6 hours went dead ,so i had to arrange send back via email only !.i`ve waited 2 weeks now and no news ,so i`ve just emailed them asking for my money back ,we`ll see what happens now .overall i would`nt deal with them

9. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I'm glad I read this thread as my parents were just about to order a tv from 247electrical as its the place with it in stock. Thanks for the heads up :)

10. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    I dont think they have any stock at all.

We ordered a new fridge, because it was 'in stock' on the website at a cheap price, took a month of chasing to get a delivery for an 'in stock' item...

They charge your card within minutes of ordering though...

Does this email pasted below look familair to anyone else :)

Dear Mr Grant

We have some news regarding your order.

We have recently been advised by the manufacturer that our next delivery for this item has been delayed and is now due in on
    (they forgot to put a date in this one ! )

Of course we will dispatch immediately upon receipt at our warehouse and delivery will be the time originally quoted, from this new delivery date, provided we receive our delivery as indicated.

Please accept our sincere apologise for the delay, it is beyond our control and we do hope it does not lead to too much disappointment.

At 247electrical.co.uk we have the widest & best range of quality products available anywhere so please feel free to browse the site or email us back with any questions you may have.

Of course you may, if you wish, cancel your order and, where funds have been taken, these will be refunded immediately we receive your instruction.

If we receive any further news we will, of course advise accordingly.

Kind Regards
    (Name removed)
    247 Sales team

Its just a standard automated response, because I have many of them, one for each time I tried to get a delivery date.

Avoid !!!!

Mark.

11. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Isn't it illegal to charge your card until the goods have been sent? Anyway thanks guys - will avoid this place!

12. apacheman

apacheman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FYI - another saga!

Bought a Pure Legato from them at the beginning of September and it didn't work out of the box. Wouldn't send a replacement until they had received mine back and examined it. Unfortunately they were out of stock when they got it back and so after chasing them for over 3 weeks, I got a response - and an email telling me that there would be a delay until they came into stock. Received an exchange unit next day. I say exchange as the speakers and the unit were all different colour wood, the unit, remote and one of the speakers had been used before. The 'used speaker also had a dent in it where a mains plug or something had been dropped on it. So it was rejected for being a mismatched unit made up from bits and pieces - and in view of the price I was not going to be fobbed off with rubbish (I had specified a replacement new unit - not exchange).

No refund of money until the unit was received back (October). Sent it back, waited and in early November I called the Sales line. They told me that I would receive a refund that day. I got a call the week before Christmas telling me that they would like to refund my money (how nice of them). I have yet to see my Statement with the refund on it - not holding my breath. :thumbsdow

As for using them again? Well, I think you can guess the answer to that.

13. apacheman

apacheman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to add: -

They have credited the price of the unit, but not the original delivery charge. Not bad when they are trying to sell me shoddy goods!!

14. Siamese Cat

Siamese Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    You'd be doing yourself - and others - a favour if you went to the local Trading Standards people with this apacheman. Good luck.

15. apacheman

apacheman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd agree and have considered several plans of action.

I will look into it it more when I get back from my business trip. Seems a lot of hassle for £7.99, but I'll be damned if I will let them get away with it.