1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ldoodle, Jun 30, 2003.

1. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anywhere I can get the first season in DD5.1 format? Do they exist, or were they limited from the release date?

Thanks/...

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I don't think it ever came out in 5.1 - my copy (Region 2) purchased on day of release, is stereo only.

3. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok.

What's better; R1 or R2. dvdcompare.net say the R2 is 90 seconds longer, but the original copies were without the 90 secinds extra! So if I order the R2, will it come with the new discs, and how will I know, or will I have to get replacemenrts as soon as i've received it?

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I missed the first series and have been considering buying the dvd but why is it only 2 channel sound ?
    The second season is in dolby 5.1 and wasn't the first season mixed in 5.1 too ?

5. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd also like to know if the latest R1 has the missing 90sec re-instated, as the girlfriend bought it withiut asking if R1 and R2 differed. Is it a run time difference due to NTSC over 20 hrs of film?
    Thaks, Matt

6. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Region1 versions of the last 12ish episodes were cut by about 90 seconds per episode for adverts. The re-issued region2 version has these 'cuts' reinstated. Its a no brainer which to buy. No region 1's have these cuts back in. They only issued the TV shown versions.
    The only way to tell the difference is look at the disks. The new one has 'v2' written on the inside of the disk at the end of the id stream.
    As for the audio, it was only filmed in stereo from the outset and they didnt have either the time or desire to upgrafe it to 5.1

7. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
    The R2 version of season 2 will be out on Aug. 11 and will
    include a dd 5.1 soundtrack which will be nice! But, for those
    who intend to wait untill Sept. 23 for the R1, dvdfile states that
    it will have dd 2.0 surround the same as season 1.
    Anyway, this is what they said.....
    Also just announced from Fox are the details on 24: The Complete Second Season. Streeting on September 23rd, this seven-disc set includes all 24 episodes in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 2.0 surround, plus a wealth of extras: audio commentaries with cast and crew on select episodes, over 44 deleted scenes and alternate endings, a two-part "making of an episode" and "CTU" featurette and promo spots. Retail will set you back $69.95.

If they can do a 5.1 version for R2 then why can't they do one
    for R1 as it's a full 6 weeks later?:confused:

8. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    looks like I might have to cancel by R1 from DVDSoon :(