shaun24

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else missing 24? I am the biggest fan of 24.

It was the best drama series on tv and its such a shame day 8 was the final series. :(
At least Jack Bauer did not get killed of in the final hour, :D

I am shocked that Chloe did not get killed of :eek: because everytime someone get's close to Jack everyone get killed :D

What is your best series in order? these are my best series in order:

Day 1 - The assassination attempt on David Palmer
Day 5 - Nerve gas - lots of shocking twists :D
Day 4 - Lots of storylines in this series! :)
Day 6 - Jack's back from china :D
Day 7 - Tony returns and Jack gets infected :):(
Day 3 - The virus outbreak and Nina gets shot by jack :D
Day 8 - The final gripping series set in NY
Day 2 - I thought this was the weakest series to be honest

But my best series is day 5 as it has lots of action, suspence, shocking cliffhangers and i was also shocked when i watched the series premier where Michelle and David Palmer got killed in the first 5 mins of the first hour :eek::(

It was such a shame they killed David Palmer of :( and also was shocking Edgar did not make it through to 7pm with the nerve gas in CTU :eek:

And to end the day Jack was kidnapped by the
Chinese over he's involment with the events in day 4.

And i never knew president Charles Logan was involved with the day's events when i first watched it :eek:

I am waiting for this movie now and i hope it does not take long :(

At least i have all series of 24 on dvd to watch and watch all over again :D:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of huge spoilers there for those who have not seen all the series

Good show, run its course at the end, but would be nice to have back in a few years time :D

Absolutely loved the show - in my opinion the first series was the most exciting tv series ever made!!
Having said that, I think it needed to be ended - it had been on a downward spiral for a few series, which is almost inevitable for any long running series!!

Looking forward to the movie (whenever it happens) with a lot of apprehension!!

After the frankly shocking ending to the series, i can't see how they could bring it back.

The 'jack always does the right thing' can't return and so if it returned it just wouldn't be the same. Jack crossed the line and can't see how they could rain that back. Unless ofc they brought it back with Jack as the bad guy, now that would be interesting

The whole base to the series was ruined in my opinion

Last edited:
After the frankly shocking ending to the series, i can't see how they could bring it back.

The 'jack always does the right thing' can't return and so if it returned it just wouldn't be the same. Jack crossed the line and can't see how they could rain that back. Unless ofc they brought it back with Jack as the bad guy, now that would be interesting

The whole base to the series was ruined in my opinion

In my opinion I thought day 8 was a good final series but they are bringing it back as a movie.

Kiefer Sutherland has reported that he hopes to film the 24 move very soon but we all know that it won't be in real time :(:)

I'm missing it. I only watched the last 3 maybe 4 series and have the first one logged into skys never miss service in the hope someone shows them all from the beginning.

I never got into it, and didn't watch anything after about the 5th or 6th episode of Day 1! Then, then years later, about 3 months before Day 8 came out on DVD, my friends wife implored me to try re-watching it, so I borrowed all her box sets (Days 1 to 7 and Redemption movie thing) and decided to give it a try. HOOKED. Did all 7 seasons in about 2 and a half months! So now I'm (well, we) are waiting for this movie to be made - if it ever does!

I miss it too. I didn't get into it until I borrowed the first three series on dvd from a mate.

We only had one little one back then (we've got four kiddies now) so me and the wife could watch six or seven episodes a night. Those were the days.

Everything on tv at the moment seems rubbish. There is nothing I watch religiously any more.

I never got into it, and didn't watch anything after about the 5th or 6th episode of Day 1! Then, then years later, about 3 months before Day 8 came out on DVD, my friends wife implored me to try re-watching it, so I borrowed all her box sets (Days 1 to 7 and Redemption movie thing) and decided to give it a try. HOOKED. Did all 7 seasons in about 2 and a half months! So now I'm (well, we) are waiting for this movie to be made - if it ever does!

I know what you mean - I watched the first series on DVD in about three days!! The most addictive show ever!!!

In my opinion I thought day 8 was a good final series but they are bringing it back as a movie.

Kiefer Sutherland has reported that he hopes to film the 24 move very soon but we all know that it won't be in real time :(:)
they could rename the 24 movie to "2 movie"

24 was top quality stuff. :thumbsup:

Ok it was daft most of the time, and required a massive suspension of disbelief :laugh: , but it did exactly what it said on the tin :D

In order, my fave seasons were -

1, 5, 2, 4, 8, 3, 7, 6.

What is everyone else's order of preference?

Did anyone else enjoy day 6 or was it just me? I thought it was really good and i can't understand why many people judge day 6? :):D

The first 4 episodes was brilliant and i was shocked that
jack shot curtis in episode 4
:eek:

Last edited:
Did anyone else enjoy day 6 or was it just me? I thought it was really good and i can't understand why many people judge day 6? :):D

The first 4 episodes was brilliant and i was shocked that
jack shot curtis in episode 4
:eek:

Day 6 was a bit of a mess in my opinion. where to begin! :laugh:

bringing his family into it the way they did was a big mistake. and it just didn't work i thought. i also really didn't like that Ricky Schroder character they brought into it either.

i know some people liked it, and it was obviously still a massive hit. for me tho, it was definitely the poorest of the series.

Day 6 was a bit of a mess in my opinion. where to begin! :laugh:

bringing his family into it the way they did was a big mistake. and it just didn't work i thought. i also really didn't like that Ricky Schroder character they brought into it either.

i know some people liked it, and it was obviously still a massive hit. for me tho, it was definitely the poorest of the series.

I agree about jack's family but i really liked Ricky Schroder who played mike doyle, shame he didn't return for day 7 and i was shocked that he got
hit in the face and i am pretty sure he got blinded in the series final :eek:
but we never knew he's fate didn't we as he did not return in day 7. :(

Also one of my favourite character from day six is Marisol Nichols who played Nadia Yassir but its a real shame she did not return after series 6 as she could have got some great storylines but to be honest i think the actress wanted to return but i think the producers didn't have any storylines for her or her character has run its course. :)

I can't say I miss 24 one little bit. I watched the first five or six series plus the Redemption movie while I had Sky but never found it anything other than average at best after the first series, passed the time a little is all. I found the first series very good with all the twists and turns but after that the show failed year in year out to relive that experience with ever more ludicrous red herrings. I tried re watching the first series again a few years back but knowing which character (HIGHLIGHT SPOILER) is the mole removes all the tension and lessens the dramatic impact. It's like a film you watch for the first time that relies on a great twist at the end. On subsequent viewings its never remotely as enjoyable.

Personally I think 24 ran on six years too long after it was clear that the second series was a pale imitation. But that's just my opinion

Loved the series, but lost interest somewhere around season 5. After not making it through 6 I gave up. It had become to repetitive. I became addicted to The Shield around that time, which I found just as thrilling story wise, but which was backed up by more credible situations and more interesting characters.

Day 6 was a disaster i hated it but loved all the others .

Ive not read all the thread but some are talking about the movie last I heard this was cancelled but there was 2 different versions to the story I dont know the latest .

Kiefer Sutherland is furious at 20th Century Fox, which has called a halt to the movie version of his hit television show, “24,” over budget and star salary issues, TheWrap has learned. The movie based on the conspiracy-terrorism-action show was in pre-production and set to start shooting next month, but has now ground to a halt because Fox will greenlight a budget no higher than $30 million, while Sutherland and producer Brian Grazer feel the budget needs to be in the low $40s at its tightest. A

o dear

Kiefer Sutherland Furious as Fox Pulls Plug on '24' Movie (Exclusive) | The Wrap Movies

24 lost its magic years ago. Not bothered if they ditch this.

Still haven't got round to watching the final season, got it on BD last year and I just keep putting it off which is odd as all the other seasons I would watch as many episodes as I could in an evening.

Guess I just need a kick up the arse.

norvell said:
Watched 24 for the 1st time recently, cannot for the life of me get into it :boring:, although the missus is hooked. :eek:

Holy crap, have you seen a doctor???

It ran it's course towards the end but Season 8 was very good, still much better than most things on TV.

I once watched 17 Episodes in a day and finished the whole season off the day after. :blush:

Holy crap, have you seen a doctor???

Co-incidentally i was at my diabetic review today and was indeed seen by a doctor :D

but after struggling through season 1 and a few episodes of season 2, i have given up. I suppose it just hasn't clicked with me, that being said it took me 4 attempts to watch One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and i would now rank it in my top 5 favourite films.

A friend at work has raved about 24 for years (and is more than a little disappointed that Kiefer may not have time to film the film version this year) so i have tried to like it but... House it aint ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom