gammmmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Would like to get into this...I've heard the second series is better, is that true? Do you need to have watched the first series though? Also, I was thinking of ordering it from cd-wow but given its a largish package has anyone else been stung for duty by our beloved Customs & Excise people on this or a similar boxset? Anyone wanna sell me a boxset? Cheers.

why not watch series 1 :confused: there is a major "shock" at the end of it which is referenced in series 2.

series 1 took a while to get going but when it did :eek: series 2 was indeed even better and series 3 is starting to get going now.

play.com have the limited edition set of series 1 and 2 in stock for 59.99 or 32.99 each; amazon have one for 24.99 and the other for 29.99; musiczone.co.uk have series 2 for under 20 quid.

you really should buy them - IMO you won't be disappointed.

As above the series is excellent and realy picks up about the 5th episode although I enjoyed them all.

I ordered my Limited Edition from Play, the Reg 2 version. I would think if it came there European division i.e. .co.uk rather then there reg1 .com the should be no duty. I did, and paid no duty.

Watch the first series as there is a lot of connections back to the first series in the second series.

I’m just waiting for the 3 series to be issued.:cool:

I got stung by customs when my copy came from CD-Wow. £8.90 on top of the CD-Wow price.

Not sure if its still available but Season 2 was in the Music Zone sale for £19.99, snapped that up last week.

I've only watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1 so far but am gripped, I'm watching some more tonight, can't wait!

Jeeeez...thanks guys - top advice as usual from these forums. I've been holding off on a purchase for ages because the prices have stayed high (even on ebay) just like other cult boxsets like the X-Files for instance. Snapped up Season 1 boxset from 101cd.com for £17.98 and will take a look at musiczone too...

:smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

Snapped up Season 1 boxset from 101cd.com for £17.98

To echo the above sentiments you made a great choice you will not regret it i thoroughly enjoyed both series one and two, totally gripped from start to finish

I have started watching series three on Sky One - I haven't seen S1 or S2 yet so I have no idea whether I am spoiling them by watching S3 :confused: :clap:

Please - no spoilers! :mad: ;)

Originally posted by Lex
I have started watching series three on Sky One - I haven't seen S1 or S2 yet so I have no idea whether I am spoiling them by watching S3 :confused: :clap:

Stop :D!

Watch season one and two first before getting into three!

I love 24. Both my wife and myself decided from watching day one that we would wait until the season had been released on dvd. It was really hard not to hear what was going on and all the gossip at work. But at least we could watch it when we wanted and how many episodes to watch. At the time we were on shift work, but now it's just me. But we would have marathon sessions in watching 24 just see what happened next!

Well I'm doing the same this year, waiting for it to be released so I can watch it at our own pace and for the first time, no annoying adverts
:smashin:

Cheers

Originally posted by Lex

Lex, I would reccommend that you watch seasons 1 & 2 first.
I watched S2 before S1 and it did take some of the "edge" off
it. Without giving anything away, there were things in S2 that
were MAJOR spoilers for S1. Already there have been things said
in S3 that could spoil your enjoyment of the first two series.
Do yourself a favour and get Seasons 1 & 2 on dvd now and
watch them first and tape the rest of season 3.

I would second BowenJones comments, watching S3 of 24 before S1 & S2 will certainly spoil your enjoyment if you do then watch S1 & S2. Probably not so much S2 but it would definitely spoil the surprise of S1.

Greg

Agree with the above, for me season one would definitely had been spoiled had i seen season two first

now you've all gone and spoilt my fun! :(

now you've all gone and spoilt my fun!

Lex just see it as we have increased your fun because now you get to watch all three seasons chronologically and how they were intended, so by the time you get back to season 3 you will enjoy it far more ;)

thanks inzaman - now I just need to go and buy seasons one and two - so who exactly do I blame for my rapidly increasing credit card bill?!

who exactly do I blame for my rapidly increasing credit card bill?!

Yep know what you mean, but hey apart from a few or quite a few jars each week this is my only vice. You can tell i have had this conversation with my better half a few times or the other one is to just blame it on some guy on the forums, it was his idea

Originally posted by inzaman
blame it on some guy on the forums, it was his idea

yea - hate that guy! :mad: :D

You can blame ME if you want :D
Just remember to thank me when you've watched
the first two seasons ;)
I don't watch much tv nowadays (hence the reason why I
missed the first season when it was originally shown) but,
after some good reports from a few of my mates, I decided
to give the second series a go. I was hooked from the first
episode. Although I thought it was excellent and the best tv
show I'd seen in a long, long time, I still wished that I had
watched season one first (you'll know why once you've
watched them yourself).
Lex, if there's one reason why they invented the credit card,
it's for this show. Just don't send me the bill if you don't enjoy
it ;)

Ah, I just tried ordering 24 season 2 from musiczone - in case u were thinking of doing the same, don't bother cos they've sold out. Still I just hope 101cd delivers season 1 cos they are still trying to get stock from their suppliers... :(

Having read this thread I decided to hunt and see about buying 1st series as have never watched any. I live in Germany but am from UK so checked German Amazon and was hoping someone might know if there is any difference between these:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...2468/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/302-9518243-1036041

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...2468/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_11_2/302-9518243-1036041

as the first is 30 Euros (20 quid) and second is 58 euros.

Any ideas as Rewind doesn't list any special edition and basically seems same to me in terms of main feature presentation which is all I really care about.

Cheers,

Dave.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Pretty certain there is no difference. The cheaper one is the standard R2 packaging, the more expensive one seems to be the R1 edition (which as you say is not any better according to Rewind)

You can view the different packaging on www.play.com (r2) and www.playusa.com (R1)

at 30 Euros and with a 5 euro voucher for being a new German customer seems like a bargain to me.

Think I might just have to go ahead and purchase.

Cheers,

Dave.

Heard lots about it and decided to risk the £24.99 purchase from amazon, one episode in and I knew it was quality, three episodes in and I was hooked and ordered the second season.

Probably the best TV show I've ever seen, have season 2 waiting to be watched, can't wait. It's quite hard to avoid spoilers, when reading peoples comments on IMDB in the reviews I hit a major season 1 spoiler, form now on eyes and ears closed especially as it will be a long time till season 3 is released.

3rd season is the weakest yet. Major plot holes. I'm sure that people returning from deep cover have extensive debriefing and psychiatric evaluation.

Oh, and Jack didn't kill or injure anyone in the opening episode.

The only thing I really like is the integrity of David Palmer. If only real life politicians were as noble and honest as their fictional counterparts.

I agree with all the above - both series are fantasic - see both. One point that no one has mentioned is the extras situation! Disappointing on the Season 1 - excellent on Season 2 - commentaries, etc. Suberb. Anyone know when Season 3 will be out on DVD?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom