1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24: Your Opinions ** Spoilers Within **

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by groundy, Aug 18, 2002.

1. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, 24 weeks later and it has finally come to an end :(.

What are your thoughts and opinions on the final episode and the series as a whole?

I thought it was outstanding from start to finish. The format of the show kept me guessing throughout and the final episode exceeded my expectations (the last 20 seconds in particular :eek:).

Roll on series 2 :).

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    Enjoyed the last one and looking forward to the next 24. The only thing, the wrong wife got killed, I was hoping Senator Palmer wife would get it.

I though Jacks wife would not get it, thought Nina kills every one in here way but will let Jacks wife off, realism thrown out of the window. Wrong she got it. Is the Germany connection a lead in to the next 24?

3. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Couldn't agree with you more regarding Palmer's wife - I kept wishing she would bite the dust for the last few months - though it was nice to see Palmer tell where to go in no uncertain terms :).

Couldn't believe Nina killing Jack's wife - that plot twist was especially good. If only Jack had known when he had her at gunpoint, things may have turned out differently. I also loved the use of black and white flashbacks as Jack held Terri in his arms.

The final 3 seconds counted down with no sound instead of the familar beeps - perfectly indicating the mood of the ending.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    Hi groundy

I was hoping there would be an assignation attempt on Palmer, and his wife would get it instead, I was even thinking Palmers aid would push her out of the window, and say it was suicide. What a bitch:devil: , better villain than Victor Drazen.
    24 one of the best things on TV for ages.

5. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Now that I would have loved to have seen :D.

6. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    David....David ........David................David ............David....David....................David.........David.....David....... he knows his name you klutz, hated her from the start.

7. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    24 Post Mortem on BBC Choice afterwards typical example of Greg Dyke's dumbing down.
    The gay couple on the sofa, (weren't they from Jonathan Ross's chat show singing around a piano), the sum of their contribution was to make Splodgenessabounds farty beansy type jibes about Kiefer Sutherland's face resembling an arse.....in their dreams maybe.

8. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    24 was fantastic, looking forward to next series with a Welsh Nationalist villain played by Tony Hopkins......well, BBC Choice implied it......

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

I agree with GringottsDirect. The "PostMortem" show on BBC Choice was awful.

The man who was the journalist, if memory serves, works for that dogs-butt of a magazine "Heat", which kind of says everything really.

And the guy who wrote the "unofficial companion book" seemed to be doing everything to basically slate the series, he's just spent watching.

As for Claudia Winkelman as presenter - dire! She's not the kind of person you expect to see hosting a show on one of the most intelligently written dramas we've ever seen here in the UK, is she?!

And what about blinking Dominic Mohan - the man from the "Sun" newspaper. What a prat!

Seems to me, the only intelligent contributors to the whole show were the cast and crew of "24" and Jo Whiley who phoned in!

Pooch

10. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    24 rocked. Friday is payday so the DVDs are on my shopping list.

I caught literally 3 seconds of that postmortem crap, spotting infamous film & television analysts Winkleman and the two camp morons, instantly cursing the BBC and anyone braindead enough to watch such a vehicle for those Z-list celebrities who simply refuse to accept that they are talentless dirt, bless 'em. Garbage.

As for 24, roll on tomorrow... as it were.

11. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked 24, but I don't think I could watch it again on DVD so I'll think I'll give it a miss.

I too didn't like the BBC Choice postmortem. Rubbish. Skipped through most of it this morning (super fast TiVo fast forward woo hoo)

Some facts we almost interesting... each episiode costs $2million to make and has to be filmed in 15 days (or was that 2 episodes per 15 days - cant remember now). Nina was only decided to be the villain at episode 12.

The next series is supposedly about a nuclear threat on LA 1 year after series 1. Jack has resigned, Mason is head of CTU, Palmer is president blah blah blah. I think the interviews said they'd filmed 5 episodes.

12. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    Hi Graham. I mentioned it in an other thread earlier, this came about because only 12 had been commissioned, and as it took off they had to write 12 more. Hence some conflict in the tale, such as Nina was to be killed of by Jack on order of Victor Drazen men.

13. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just finished watching the dvd

Apart from a few plot holes caused by reasons mentioned above i thought the series was fantastic

Great twists i was convinced Mason was the double agent

the missing 3 beeps at the end were an excellent end

however, the alternate ending was pants thank god they didn't use it

and as for the preview of season 2 it was just kiefer mainly talking about season 1 what was that all about?

This goofs guide makes an interesting read

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GoofsGuide/showid-3866/

roll on season 2

14. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    We've just finished watching it. (DVD. Didn't see it on TV. Don't think we could have taken that.)

I mean WOW!:D That was really fantastic.

We agree here that Palmer's wife needed a bullet.:D

As for the twists, great. Didn't see some of them coming.

One of the very best TV shows we've seen. We had to 'power watch' our way through the series it was that good.

Went to Fox website to find out about the next series. Not a good idea, filled with spoilers. So anyone know more about Season 2? When? DVD release for it when?

Just keen to see what's next.

:D