• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

24" Widescreen TVs - Toshiba Dilema

Which 24" model should one go for?

• Philips 24PW6407

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Sony KV24LS35

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Toshiba 24Z33

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Another ...... Please suggest below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

a_v_phile

Standard Member
I am facing the usual dilema with choosing the best 24" Flat Widescreen TV from the following list:

Philips 24PW6407
Sony KV-24LS35
Toshiba 24Z33

I am seriously swayed towards the Toshiba for the simple reason of size, it has by far the smallest footprint. However, I have read far too many threads on here of upset viewers. Is there anyone out there who still likes the set/has not returned it?

The sound is not important since it will be used with my receiver and speakers all of the time.

Has the installers' setup menu solved many issues?

The other problem is if I do go with the Toshiba and purchase online, how easy is it to return(if I consider it faulty). QED(online) are offering it for £280. Compared to the high street (Currys) at £380. Should I bite the bullet?

I also fancy getting a pioneer 565A to use in conjunction. Anyone with any experience of this DVD player and any of the above TV models.

I bought the 24z33 last week and am not happy with it. Whenever something bright comes on screen it makes a buzzing noise from the back - sounds like something spinning round. I've noticed today a newer model 24z37 at pricerunner.

I bought mine from Digital Point who after reporting the fault were supposed to be ringing me back - but haven't bothered!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom