1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24" Widescreen TVs - Toshiba Dilema

Discussion in 'TVs' started by a_v_phile, Feb 3, 2004.

?
  1. Philips 24PW6407

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Sony KV24LS35

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Toshiba 24Z33

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Another ...... Please suggest below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. a_v_phile

a_v_phile
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am facing the usual dilema with choosing the best 24" Flat Widescreen TV from the following list:

Philips 24PW6407
    Sony KV-24LS35
    Toshiba 24Z33

I am seriously swayed towards the Toshiba for the simple reason of size, it has by far the smallest footprint. However, I have read far too many threads on here of upset viewers. Is there anyone out there who still likes the set/has not returned it?

The sound is not important since it will be used with my receiver and speakers all of the time.

Has the installers' setup menu solved many issues?

The other problem is if I do go with the Toshiba and purchase online, how easy is it to return(if I consider it faulty). QED(online) are offering it for £280. Compared to the high street (Currys) at £380. Should I bite the bullet?

I also fancy getting a pioneer 565A to use in conjunction. Anyone with any experience of this DVD player and any of the above TV models.

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Don't buy the Tosh - It looks almost identical to the 24" Bush, which isn't a good sign.

3. Bettingmad

Bettingmad
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the 24z33 last week and am not happy with it. Whenever something bright comes on screen it makes a buzzing noise from the back - sounds like something spinning round. I've noticed today a newer model 24z37 at pricerunner.

I bought mine from Digital Point who after reporting the fault were supposed to be ringing me back - but haven't bothered!