1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24" widescreen CRT IDTV: is there such a thing?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by AllFumbs, Sep 19, 2005.

1. AllFumbs

AllFumbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please excuse my earlier post in case the title was misleading. My search for an integrated widescreen CRT TV seems to suggest they start at 28": does anyone know better?

Thank you.

2. AllFumbs

AllFumbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got fed up twiddling my fumbs – yeah, all of 'em – waiting for you lot to respond and have discovered the definition of being 'sad': replying to your own post. (In fact, personify it.) My spy tells me he's seen a Beko 24" widescreen set in Kwik Save – slogan: 'A Toilet With Checkouts' – and swears blind it's an integrated digital set. Shurely shome mistake? Anyone wandered into Kwiky by accident (and even more kwickly out again) and managed to get the gen on this 'gem'? I tried their website but could find nothing.

Please?
    AF

3. Hungry_Joe

Hungry_Joe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beko's a type of lizard ain't it? Sorry - and i bet you got all excited when you saw someone had replied to you too. Someone other than you that is.

4. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never heard of a 24" IDTV, Beko or otherwise. And I can't imagine Kwik Slave stocking IDTVs either.

5. AllFumbs

AllFumbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny how people pronounce things differently. Me, I'd say it, 'bee-ko', as in Steve (i.e. modern S.African history); not rhyme it with 'gecko'.

And yes, couldn't wait to take a dekko – doesn't rhyme with 'Beko' – at who'd replied and what they'd said: could hardly contain myself, madam.

On a more constructive note, the 24" Beko w/s TV that Kwiky are selling lists amongst its features, 'PLL digital tuning'. My dear Dad saw it and thought that meant it was a digital telly. Not so, of course: our search for a 24" w/s CRT Integrated Digital TV goes on. Any sightings, anyone, please?

6. AllFumbs

AllFumbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, TV Headache: which this search is becoming. Still, I'll keep looking; though perhaps not in Kwiky.

AF