24" wall mountable gaming monitor required

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for this please? I'm looking to change my 22" one for a 24" monitor and because a lot of them these days don't allow full adjusting on their stands I think I probably want to wall mount it.

Also I've found that even my 22" monitor can wobble about when I'm using a steering wheel attached to the desk or typing furiously so I reckon it would be more stable on the wall.

Or if not wall mountable then one with a sturdy height adjustable base.

I did look at the expensive Dell 24" monitor (the UltraSharp U2410) and thought that for that price (£460) then it must be the best. But I read a couple of reviews that had a couple of image quality negative points, so now I'm not so sure.

You should find that most monitors have the smaller VESA mounting holes required to mount to a wall/stand. My advice would be to find the right cantilever style mount, before the monitor :)

An example of what I consider to be a poor stand is the LG 22" monitor I have. Any slight movement of my hands on the desk and the whole screen wobbles about on the stand. This is the main reason I've been thinking about wall mounting.

Does anyone have that Dell 24" monitor I mentioned? Is it any good?

If you want a good mount have a look at Ergotron MX Desk Mount, got it for my Korean monitor and it's great. Think they do wall mount version as well.

Are 23" monitors more popular that 24" ones these days? I'm still not sure what size I want, but if I do replace the existing 22" one I'd like it to be bigger.

If you want a good mount have a look at Ergotron MX Desk Mount, got it for my Korean monitor and it's great. Think they do wall mount version as well.

How's your Korean monitor? Got any pics? :D

Are 23" monitors more popular that 24" ones these days? I'm still not sure what size I want, but if I do replace the existing 22" one I'd like it to be bigger.

Benq XL2420T is pretty good and has a vesa mount.

majnu said:
How's your Korean monitor? Got any pics? :D

I'm glad I got it mate, it's superb. Was looking at dell but don't like anti glare coating . It ruins the picture IMO .

Will take some pics when get home from work. Got my pc upgraded over the weekend as well so happy chappy now lol.

Dell U2312HM is a decent monitor and can be had for a very good price of around £170. Stand is superb like all Dells, height and tilt and swivel adjustments but its a 23".

A lot of 120hz monitors are 23" except for the BenQ XL2420T which is 24" the previous model is also height, tilt and swivel adjustable so i imagine this one is too.

Depends what you want, 1080p? 1200p? 120hz? 60hz? TN? IPS?

I'm not sure what I want to be honest. I do general surfing and photo editing on it and then gaming.
My gaming preferences are stuff like C&C, a couple of first person shooters and a lot of GTR EVO driving. In the past I've tended to go for faster response rate monitors and am currently using a 22" Samsung.

If you're well into your photo editing then an IPS would probably be the better way to go because of the better colour reproduction.

Have a browse at the Dell U2312HM it's an IPS panel but how one of the lowest repsonse times of any monitor but it is only 60hz not 120hz. Have a read of some reviews on tft central.

Does 120mhz actually matter? All my current monitors are 60mhz and I've never noticed any problem with them :)

It's not a case of 60hz being a problem, it's perfectly fine. For me 120hz gave games am added smoothness and responsiveness. It lets your rig loose to display more then the 60fps limit that 60hz panels have. It's this which adds that added oomph. To actually hit 120fps consistently depends massive on how demanding your game is and of course how powerful your GPU is. So in short, 120hz panels still need adequate hardware behind them to see their true potential. When I owned my xl2420t I loved it but it felt like a luxury for what at the time was only an occasional gaming rig. I have said it before but I'll say it again: 1080p to me is not enough any more. 24" is about the sweet spot for 1080p, any more then it looks a bit budget. I'd take a 2560x1440p 60hz panel over 120hz any day of the week as the experience for all round computing is vastly superior. If its just for games and you have a monster GPU then 120hz should atleast be trialled to see if it's subtlety is something you appreciate.

Last edited:
My current setup is an i5-2500K CPU and a GTX 570 GPU.

You will consistently see frame rates of 60 and over no probs depending on game. 3d will perform well enough too. You would definitely see 120hz doing its thing. I bought the XL2420T and trialled it for 3 days. I loved it but on my wife's rig it would have seen about a single evening gaming a week when I'd be allowed on it. Massive waste I decided. I returned it under DSR and replaced it with a bargain 21" benq for a third of the price. Wife was happy, I saved a few quid and I just game in the office. BTW, there's an excellent height adjustable stand on the xl2420t like the Dells.

2560x1440 is gorgeous and pin sharp I just can't play BF3 on it as in truly hopeless with it.

Also at those high res the top end games will struggle with the 570s memory.

2560x1440 is gorgeous and pin sharp I just can't play BF3 on it as in truly hopeless with it.

Do you still need any AA or Post Processing at that high a resolution?

majnu said:
Do you still need any AA or Post Processing at that high a resolution?

You can get away with less aa but jaggies do still exist.

I'm constantly torn between using my 2560x1440 and my 1080p 120hz

Whats the problem with BF3 ?,is it the smaller view of the enemies.

Its not so much response time for me as the Hazro isn't too bad at all and im far better on a 24" 60hz.

For me its the size of the screen, when i play 24" its all there without moving eyes etc.. and i cant really remember if things look smaller i imagine they do.

For all other non FPS games they can't be matched as they look stunning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom