24 - to watch or not to watch..

jagdeepp

Ex Member
Reaction score
hey guys, for months in fact years i've avoided this series. Recently i've had family round and they've all unanimously suggested i give this a try. I have a few concerns:

1. There are 6 seasons each of which are 24 hours in length. It will take TOO long to watch each season. Thats alot of lifespan.

2. Only way to watch these in sequence is to buy on dvd. These are not like ordinary programmes/ movies as it will take too long to watch them (24 hours). Worth buying? Anyone watched a season again second time round?

3. Seems to me from what i've heard that its the same story in each season ie. Jack trying to get to middle eastern terrorists.. Sounds dull.

Any views appreciated. Anyone willing to part with season 1 on dvd for a few quid? :thumbsup:

Could you not rent them? I have to say this was my all time favourite TV programme! Although the 4400 has now overtaken that :)

1) The episodes are actually only about 45mins each so thats 6 hours knocked off already :p

2) I have watched series 1 twice, but I ended up selling my copies as I don't think I will watch them again for a while (or maybe until they stop making them) Well worth the watch though.

3) You'll be hard pushed to find someone from here or anywhere actually say it is dull :lesson:

Go and start watching season 1, I guarantee you won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

I've watched all seasons at least twice, apart from season 6 which I doubt I'll watch again.

They're all well worth buying (except 6). When season 6 is released, there may be some cheap offers on too, I remember when season 5 was released last year, the first 4 seasons were put on offer and were about 10p each or something silly from play.com.

24 should be mandatory viewing.:lesson:

Some of the best tv ever (if not THE best for series 1 and 2).

Absolute no brainer:smashin:. Nothing more needs to be said. Well maybe Elisha Cuthbert:rotfl::rotfl:

Although the 4400 has now overtaken that :)

4400 Rocks. Not quite 24 standard but still.

Just finished watching Season 3. Roll on Season 4 (assuming they're carrying on with it).

PS Shouldn't this be in the TV section;)

Season 1 is the best by far 2 n 3 were good. i wouldn't rush to watch 4,5 or 6.

Just watch the first 4-5 episodes of season one. Youll soon find yourself staying up to watch the next episode, right up until you have to leave for work the next morning.

4400 Rocks. Not quite 24 standard but still.

Just finished watching Season 3. Roll on Season 4 (assuming they're carrying on with it).

Season 4 is out now in the US of A, no idea when it will be in the UK though :( Unless you plan on watching it via other methods :thumbsup:

I think I am just judging 4400 based this on season 6 of 24, I am still to finish the last few episodes actually!

Just watch the first 4-5 episodes of season one. Youll soon find yourself staying up to watch the next episode, right up until you have to leave for work the next morning.

That was the worst thing, it was always 'Just... one... more...' with me, I spent many a tired days because of this! :eek:

It's incredibly addictive tv, buy the whole lot but be prepared for hours of lost sleep, as you sneak another episode in before bedtime.

Forget season 6 existed.

Rent/buy season 1-5, and send the wife on holiday and give the kids a tent to camp outside of the local cinema + money.

Grab a beer, sit in your comfy chair and watch 24.

For 5 years I ignored all the 24, Jack Bauer and Keither Sutherland press coverage. Then on one winter day last year, my mate lent me his 24 Season 1 box set

That single box set is possibly the best television I have ever seen

I am still in shock over that season's finale. It was that awesome. Forget about any preconceived notions of good television. Season 1 of 24 is simply outstanding

That's why I have bought all 5 seasons on DVD :D Unfortunately no Sky so I have missed out on S6. I am suffering from JBWS (Jack Bauer withdrawal symptoms). Its a terrible affliction

That's why I have bought all 5 seasons on DVD :D Unfortunately no Sky so I have missed out on S6. I am suffering from JBWS (Jack Bauer withdrawal symptoms). Its a terrible affliction
Yes, it's been well documented. :D

A Google search tells me it also stands for Jersey Battered Women's Service. Don't know whether the two are related though...

Yeah but you lot watched S6 on Sky a couple months back whereas I have to wait until nearly Christmas for the S6 box set release to find out what happens to Jack. All this waiting. I think I am going to cry soon :(

:D

Definately worth watching!

Out of any 3+ seasons series so far, 24 is #1 without a doubt.

I got through the first 5 seasons in like 3 weeks....!

1. There are 6 seasons each of which are 24 hours in length. It will take TOO long to watch each season. Thats alot of lifespan.

Didn't take me long. I watched the first five seasons in five days. :)

They are not 24 hours but more like 17 hours.

It still normally takes me only a week to watch a season of something on DVD.

Indeed, 24(number of episodes)*42(runtime in mins)=1008mins

1008/60=16.8 hours

Didn't take me long. I watched the first five seasons in five days. :)

They are not 24 hours but more like 17 hours.

It still normally takes me only a week to watch a season of something on DVD.

If I have bought a TV series boxset, I have to watch it all before I even consider watching anything else! I normally watch 1 part of CSI in 2-3 days :eek: Luckily the missus loves dvd's as much as me :devil:

I've watched all seasons at least twice, apart from season 6 which I doubt I'll watch again.

They're all well worth buying (except 6). When season 6 is released, there may be some cheap offers on too, I remember when season 5 was released last year, the first 4 seasons were put on offer and were about 10p each or something silly from play.com.

I agree .

Ive watched them all twice as well except 6 which ive already wrote about on here such a disapointment .

As for should you get it . Get off this forum now and get ordering !!:D as said shop about for the good deals and your fav auction sites.

its easily my fav programe ever . 24 eisodes is not a put off by any means as guys have said start watching a couple tahts it , game over your hooked .

Ive tried this with serveral people now who really didnt want to try it , now they all say they get withdrawal symptoms when its not on lol .

I have a 24 weekend every year and watch the whole seaon in that weekend i love it . Get started now the film will be out next year i think its mooted.

BTW this is the Movie forum if you look in the TV forum you will find loads of 24 threads and see guys views.

Talking about movies, if anyone wants to watch The Sentinel after seeing the trailer for it, DON'T!

Just because Kiefer Sutherland is in it, and the trailer makes it like amazing like 24, it is nothing like it, its a very poor film :)

Off-topic... I know!

Oh my god. i set this thread up no more than a few hours ago and :eek: WHAT A RESPONSE!!!

Thats it.. i is off to ebay! I'm gonna buy seasons 1-5 on boxset me thinks..

Had the same issue with Sopranos.. Hadnt watched them, went out and bought seasons 1-5 and that was it.. EVERY night we watched 1-2 episodes and it was the best thing ever.

Just watched Bourne 3 tonight. The Bourne series really makes you think and makes for good intelligent viewing. I hope 24 is the same. Right. I'm going on fleabay unless someone wants to make me an offer i cant refuse?

Tried speaking to my mate Tor-rent but he doesnt have season 1 :rotfl: better off with the boxset, some of the prices are so low anyway that they are criminal! :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom