24 Series 3 - Region 1

Well the region 2 releases of the previous seasons came out a week or 2 before the r1 iirc. And the region 2 was released the monday following the broadcast of the last episode in the uk. So it'll be a while yet I'm afraid. Certainly no date confirmed yet as far as I'm aware :(

24 Season 3 has just shown episode 17 (out of 24) in the US yesterday. they also have a habbit of skipping regular slots, so I would say there is at lest 2 months before the series is finished.

It's likely to be mid September as per Season 1 & 2...

Originally posted by talizker
It's likely to be mid September as per Season 1 & 2...

September? :confused: :mad:
How can I wait that long, I need to watch now!!

I have managed to find the following 24 S3 DVDs on ebay:

LINK TO PIRATE DVDS REMOVED

They seem to be recorded in DD5.1 and from Jap / Chinese import (see the writing). Does anyone know what the quality of these are like or if that area has already played 24 S3 all the way though ??

Any ideas ??

p.s. I'm going to buy one anyway - I'll post on here a review if / when I receive it..

As Branxx said, episode 17 has just been shown in the US. I'd say those boxed sets are almost certainly bootlegs from US TV, they may have DD5.1 if the HD broadcasts in the US had it.

Take care with those DVDs on ebay! They claim to be official R3 from Hong Kong (not sure if thats true) but all the pictures on the box are from season 2 not season3. Buy with caution!

If the past pattern for the R2 release happens again we should be seeing season 3 in the shops on Monday 26th July.

I would expect the R1 release to be in early September.

mark.carline, let us know how you get on.

Me again! As to the question has Hong Kong aired ALL of season 3 - the answer is NO.

Im not even sure if they have completed production of the season yet!

I have removed your link Mark as it appears they are pirate DVDs. The fact that the box shows season 1/2? is a bit of a giveaway aswell.

Greg

If the show keeps going by week from now it's due to finish May 25th, so shortly thereafter with the dvd hopefully. Sutherland was on Leno last week and made it sound like they'd finished or had only the last to do, as he said, "The last seven episodes we've just shot are the best I think we've ever done". Ep. 17 is a corker insofar as it really had me wanting more and feeling the buzz, but then so did 16...:cool:

Originally posted by encaser
"The last seven episodes we've just shot are the best I think we've ever done". Ep. 17 is a corker insofar as it really had me wanting more and feeling the buzz, but then so did 16...:cool:

Now I'm getting excited :laugh: Now to book a few days off at the end of May... :thumbsup:

Cant wait for season 3 to be released!
Obviously those fleabay ones are fakes (how can anyone be fooled into thinking otherwise?!?) - wait for the official higher-quality release and stop feeding the ebay pirates!

Season3 so far has been awesome! :clap:

wow a comment from Jack himself!.

I have to say that 24 is the best thing I have ever seen , above any film, tv series etc...

Truley orsome !

Does anyone know if the series 1 or series 2 DVDs are in Dolby Digital 5.1 ??

Only started watching 24 in the 3rd series. So I bought series 1 and 2 region 2, boy what a treat!! It's like watching an 18 hour movie. :)

Series 1 is DD2.0 and series 2 is DD5.1 I've watched the first 6 episodes already. One thing I did notice is the amount grain in the video transfer is unreal, somebody should be sacked for this. I mean it was made in 2000, surely the originals haven't detoriated that badly! Hopefully second season will be a lot better.

With the 3rd season aired over HDTV in the states, I'm looking forward to purchasing a Blu-ray version of this :) :zonked:

ye the transfer of S2 isnt the best but gets better in the night episodes. but for a tv show the DD5.1 sound track is superb !
With the 3rd season aired over HDTV in the states, I'm looking forward to purchasing a Blu-ray version of this

you will be waiting a while for the blu ray version :D

i'll be happy with the dvd version for now :D

Originally posted by mark.carline
I have to say that 24 is the best thing I have ever seen , above any film, tv series etc...

Truley orsome !

:clap: I agree! 24 is the bees knees! the best program i have ever seen!

:clap: 24 :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom