1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 Season 2 - 7pm to 8pm

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Branxx, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just saw the last episode and it is trilling beyond words and the most enjoyable.

The best TV drama I have watched so far in my life. The plot is so dense and multi layer that even sipping a beer takes to much focus from the screen.

BBC2 is going to have a massive hit with it and it may even help Tony Blair in his war aims.

2. Mr Merrick

Mr Merrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    [Spoiler deleted. For heaven's sake, people, have some considerations for folk who haven't seen it yet !!! Spectre]

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Can i just ask how you have seen the end before the first UK screening?PS thanx for deleting the spoiler Spectre that would have really got on my wick!!!!!!!!!!:smashin:

4. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    They have been doing the rounds on Kazaa and similar file sahring apps for a while now.

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Thanks to Spectre for deleting the spoiler! :clap:

People - as Spectre says, please THINK before posting anything even vaguely spoiler-related to do with this or ANY other show, that hasn't been shown in the UK! :mad:

And with "24", please also don't even try to get around this by saying something like "Hey, epiosde 83 is great! I'd never have guessed he would get killed like that!". It's NOT cool, and it's NOT clever either! Not everyone wants to know what happens! And even if we did, we can always access sites like Epguides.com for such information! :nono:

Pooch

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,039
    I would also say if the next episode is shown on BBC3 please do not debating it or Spoiler for next weeks episode , some people do not have it, also someone may record it to watch later if debating a plot line that has just been on BBC 2 please be a little careful, but it does not mean you cannot discus the program, but maybe a Spoiler before you mention a big plot twist.
    Thanks.

7. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    While I share your worries about spoiling unseen episodes, 24 Season 2 is in a completely separate league.

I have friend frequently coming to see the new season and I watch with them and every single time it make my goose bumps come out.

This kind of television drama is beyond anything I've seen before. Persons with weak hart and pregnant women may actually require being acquainted with the plot in advance.

8. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +837
    i get BBC3 and whatever else, but decided to just watch it on good old Logo-free BBC2

- actually forgot to check BBC3 for logo, but i'm more likely to remember to watch it on an old channel

9. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +434
    Would you say that it would be easy to follow the storyline of season 2 having not seen season 1 due to various reasons (work
    commitments mainly)?
    I intend to watch the new series but am worried that missing
    the first will leave me confused as to who the characters are
    and any unexplained links between the two series.
    Also, do you think that watching the second season will
    spoil the first as, if I enjoy the new series, I will be getting
    season 1 on dvd?

10. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Branxx - Season 2 may be in a different league, but the following post will still apply! Please read it, and take note. Thanks! :)

If anyone wants to catch up with "24" Season 1, then go visit this link here . This should give you enough of an idea of what happens and who the people are if you haven't already seen the show itself. I don't think watching Season 2, before Season 1, will cause any major problems, but it won't be as enjoyable! My advice - tape Season 2 and watch it after viewing Season 1.

I think that, for the sake of sanity in the forum, that we agree to the following rule, for the discussion of "24" Season 2, until it has completed transmission, around late-August!

If you intend discussing ANY episode of "24" Season 2, that has NOT YET AIRED on BBC2, then please make sure that you add the words "SPOILER AHEAD" (or something similar) at the very beginning of your post!! :cool: And even if the episode HAS aired, please take care for those who have not yet watched the episode yet, or are waiting for the inevitable DVD release!

Some of us have access to BBC3, but will NOT want to watch it on that channel, due to their intrusive DOG/logo, and so will wait until the following Sunday night's transmission. Please DO NOT risk ruining the enjoyment for those of us who wish to watch it on BBC2, by placing any kind of spoiler(s) without a clear warning! It's unfair to other forum members! :nono:

Be warned!

Pooch

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,039
    There are some serious twist that could spoil the first series if you watch the second series first, If I were you I would tape the second series and watch your DVD’s first. For instance would you like to watch the film Psycho for the first time knowing the end?
    As to watching the second series and picking the plot up without seeing the first, I think you should have no trouble.
    Which way you do it is up to you.

12. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    The first episode on BBC 2 is tonight isnt it??????

13. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Yep - Season 2 starts airing here in the UK, tonight, at 22:00 hours on BBC2, in deluxe, almost uncensored, widescreen format!

I say almost uncensored, because Episode 1 (8-9am) has had the two Jack Bauer/Ford Car adverts removed. In the US, the first eoisode runs for a full 60 minutes. The only adverts, were one at the beginning of the episode, and another at the very end, showing Keifer Sutherland promoting a particular model of Ford, which his character uses in the show.

As this kind of product placemen/advertising is NOT allowed by the BBC regulations, they have been dropped from the episode. Tonight's episode will therefore run at 50 minutes approximately, and NOT the full 60 minutes. Subsequent episodes may also be edited if the BBC consider that there is too much promotion of the Ford vehicle.

Pooch

14. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    So..are the following episodes on BBC2 also then..I was led to believe that Ep.1 was on BBC2 then all following episodes are exclusive to BBC3.

Can someone confirm or deny this please ?

15. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    As far as I can see 24 season two will run every Sunday on BBC2, according to digiguide.

16. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +837
    show one episode on BBC2, then cut it off......as if - mind you, if it was sky :)

btw - just watched 1st episode and thought it was well upto scratch - 50mins have not passed so quickly for a while.

17. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, thoroughly enjoyed it. It's good to have Jack back :)

18. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I've got to say that that episode gripped me more than any episode of the last series.

19. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

A fantastic episode, and setting up a hell of a lot of dilemmas and dodgy characters already, I see! Interesting use of actress Sara Gilbert (from comedy series "Roseanne") as CTU's latest recruit/trainee Paula. Is that her real accent/voice, or an artificially altered one?

Won't say any more, but nice to have the show back! The next 6 months worth of Sunday nights, are going to be a killer! :suicide:

Pooch

20. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    then the second one will make you a happy bunny shoka ;)

21. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I thought it was her, but couldn't be sure, thanks for confirming that pooch.

22. loafer316

loafer316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MMMMmmm Kim Bauers !!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :eek: ;)

23. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    despite what I said in an earlier thread I couldn't resit

Great to have it back

Darlene from Roseanne was a bit of a shocker

Kim doesn't do much for the reputations of blondes around the world

Did anyone see the pure24 after episode 2?

oh dear

BBC3 why the DOG? why? I know what channel I am watching?

24. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    PoochJD,

While I agree with your post re posting spoilers I hope your agree with me that my original posting contained nothing of the kind. Having just watched episode 12 I felt compelled to alert the others to the exceptional quality of this show that is about to start airing on BBC2.

Going forward, the Internet is creating difficulties to Hollywood studios in their effort to control the distribution, and for the forums like this one. It is now becoming perfectly feasible for us in UK and other elsewhere to watch TV programmes from the US only couple of hours after being shown there. The large number of the Internet connected TIVO and ReplayTV boxes that encode the show as they are shown and make them suitable for download minutes after. Picture quality is generally higher on the UK digital TV but for the shows like "24" that is not going to be a major factor for postponing the viewing.

25. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Branxx,

1) You are right, in that your first post did NOT contain any spoilers. However, Mr Merrick's did, and hence it was deleted by Spectre. There's nothing wrong with alerting people to the exceptional quality of a show, but you have to bear in mind that the vast majority of people will watch/video the show, as it is shown on BBC2, and not via P2P downloads - which are illegal anyhow!

2) Your other point about the Internet creating difficulties, whilst correct, is no justification, I'm afraid, for promoting the fact that people can download it off the Net, regardless of the quality of the download! It's illegal, as I've already said, and it also ruins the fun for the vast majority who don't want to be told weeks and weeks in advance of plot developments in a show like "24".

Ultimately, we as Moderators have to look out, so to speak, for the benefit of the vast majority of people. As such, that is why we placed the warnings regarding any kind of spoilers for "24".

I'm sure the rest of the people who read this thread, will agree with me, when we ask people NOT to post spoilers to any episodes (no matter how vague that spoiler may be) for any episodes NOT shown yet on BBC2.

Everyone knows that the show can be downloaded off of the Net, and we all know where to find detailed spoiler guides. The fact remains though, that most people want to be surprised, and don't enjoy having that enjoyment and surprise being taken away from them, by anyone who thinks it's clever or smart to post a spoiler, just because they've already seen the episode before others.

I hope you, and everyone else, can understand why this rule is in place, and will accept it. If you really DO want to be able to tell people about advanced developments, then suggest to them that they e-mail or PM you directly, and you then forward on the information, rather than post it directly into this or another thread.

Thanks for listening! :)

Pooch

26. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +837
    PoochJD

we applaud you

27. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. Although I think/hope everyone's clear on this now...

28. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Yet again Pooch you hit the preverbial nail straight on its nice shiny head.

I am one of the people you are refering to that would rather wait each week and watch it. I wont even be watching it on BBC3 as I have to be at work dead early on a monday morning:( , so If I see any spoilers i will be less than happy, and will delete them.

Does everyone agree that discussing last nights (BBC2) episode is OK, not spoiling it for anyone are we?

29. YJ

YJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fortunately I saw it, but my some of my friends want know what all the talks about. Had a look at the Beeb's site and I can't find when it'll be repeated later this week.

As a side note Jack Bauer does seems to have lost it, 'cause his actions shockingly unorthodox :eek:. It started slow but it left everyone's heart pounding at the end of the first episode.

30. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,236
    Hi,

Wow 24 was excellent last night. Really gripping. Kim looked hot. Great tv.
    Jack went abit mad.

rai