1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24" or 26" Bedroom LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Phill1978, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    ok layed up in bed the screen will be sat on a chest of drawers 110cm`s wide. The viewing distance is around 3 meters away.

i know a 28" CRT is only 26" viewable, and a 32" CRT is 30" viewable due to black bars etc.. does that mean a 24" LCD TV is 26" viewable equivelent and a 26" LCD is 28" viewable equivelent.

obviously i dont want the screen to dominate the bedroom but it will be sat at the side of a chimney breast ressesed a further 20cms at the back of the drawers..

i think 26" should suffice.

ok...

only gonna be watching the occasional DVD, Freeview.. is there a 26" with Freeview built in or even better DVD built in i.e slot on the side ? dont want loads of wires as we are going minimalist. there is however an unused cupboard with shelves around 50cms deep on the other side of the chimney breast and the chimney isnt used anymore maybe i could mount my equipment in there and have a discreet HTM system and put and X360 in there ??

so which future proof LCD 26" pls. i quite like the samsung screen but i dont want to spend anymore thatn £650

thankyou