1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 new series planned vague but true info

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by encaser, May 17, 2002.

1. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    24 is going to return for a new series next season with Jack Bauer heading the run once more - never rains for this guy!
    No confirmation is given to who else makes it on to 24 "2" apart from Kiefer Sutherland - I'm hoping the senator's wife doesn't make a return (Ka Pow, please:devil:).
    It is however going to be the same format of continuation rather than self-contained episodes.
    Although the viewing figures weren't amazing for the US 9pm timeslot (8.6m average) it is said to draw in the monied viewer and profit rules - one of those rairities where capitalism works, well at least for those that like it!;)

2. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Do you know something we don't or is this based on what you have seen so far ?

3. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Common, purposely no spoilers there. I just despise the woman's duplicitous self-serving nature.

4. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I agree

I wonder how the viewing figures in the US started - I'm guessing high then trailing off hence the low average. 24 episodes is a big commitment from any viewer - especially in the states with all those channels.

But i'm hooked and I love it

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

It seems US viewers simply don't enjoy having to concentrate for a whole season, when it comes to dramas.

The same problem (sustaining viewers) occured with 1990's legal drama "Murder One". In the US, it only just managed to make it to a second season, before being pulled. However, in the UK, it did amazingly well, and hence the BBC spent a large sum of money on it.

It looks like the same is happening with "24". UK viewers are averaging over 4 million per episode, just for the BBC2 Sunday night edition, let alone the BBC Choice slots!

So, as far as BBC2 are concerned, this is a BIG hit for them. I just hope that they also buy Season 2, if and when it ever gets made.

Personally, I think the show is excellent, and the fact that it does require you to be intelligent and demans that you come back for each and every episode, is a great thing!

Can you imagine ANY UK TV station attempting a 22 or 24 epsiode drama, with big name actors/actresses, AND a decent plot, that would keep viewers hooked, for the best part of 6 months? I don't think so, some how!

Pooch

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Was she different to normal women then ?