24 - Live Another Day (FOX)

Do you want a new Season 10?

• YES - 24:LAD was excellent, i need more!

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • YES - 24:LAD was ok, some Jack is better than no Jack

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • YES - but no Kiefer, this time only with Yvonne Strahovski in the lead role

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • NO - 24:LAD was rubbish, let it go

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
Just watching s01e01 as I type, 24 recap is underway! Jack looks about 20 :)

nobody has said it's a rumour, we all know they are in 'talks'

but until the green light you can forget it ... remember all the years of BS we had about the 24 movie

Well just like to state its offical 24 is returning as kiefer sutherland has signed up for the new series. :D

So why a limited series then ?
Am guessing they want to see what ratings are like and take it from there.

Kinda hope they take it in a slightly different direction and not just the same stuff.

Revival known as 24: Live Another Day (likely May 2014)

Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly;
"It will go in chronological order of the day, but it'll skip hours"

When asked whether the new version could eventually morph into a full-fledged series
"It could be an annual event. There could be sequels. I don't know that they would be yearly."

Kiefer Sutherland;
"The response to 24 is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before. To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. ... Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off."

Press Release;
JACK IS BACK!!!

NEW ACTION-PACKED EVENT SERIES “24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY”

TO RESTART ICONIC CLOCK IN SUMMER 2014 ON FOX

Kiefer Sutherland to Return as JACK BAUER in New Event Series

Produced by 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and Howard Gordon's Teakwood Lane Productions

FOX has ordered 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY, a thrilling new tent-pole event series set to restart the clock on the groundbreaking and Emmy Award-winning drama franchise starring Kiefer Sutherland. Produced by 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and Howard Gordon's Teakwood Lane Productions, 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY will make its historic debut in the summer of 2014 on FOX.

The announcement was made this morning by Kevin Reilly, Chairman, Fox Broadcasting Company; Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen, Twentieth Century Fox Television; and Brian Grazer, Chairman, Imagine Entertainment.

The high-octane saga will reunite showrunner Howard Gordon with Sutherland and retain the real-time, pulse-pounding, fast-paced format with split screens and complex interweaving storylines, with 12 episodes representing 24 hours. The suspenseful event series once again follows the exploits of heroic agent JACK BAUER (Sutherland), who will resume his story several years following the events of the final season.

“It's great to have Jack back. ‘24' redefined the drama genre, and as we reimagine the television miniseries, this iconic show will again break new ground for the network,” said Reilly. “The series remains a global sensation, and everyone at FOX is thrilled to be back at work with Kiefer, Howard and the incredibly creative ‘24' team.”

“When Howard came to us saying he had an idea for a new chapter of ‘24,' he quite simply had us at ‘hello,'” remarked 20th Century Fox Television Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden. “'24' is a signature series for this studio, beloved by critics and audiences worldwide. Howard's idea to revive the franchise as an event series couldn't be timelier, and with the brilliant Kiefer Sutherland on board to reprise his iconic role, we can't wait to get started.”

Added Imagine Television Chairman Brian Grazer, “I'm both excited and proud that Howard, Kiefer, and I, along with ours partners at 20th and Fox, have this new opportunity to give ‘24' fans what they've been asking for – more Jack Bauer. It's been my experience that people love Jack Bauer because he's a guy who cuts through the red tape and gets the hardest things done. I am certain 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY will again have a huge impact on our culture.”

“The response to ‘24' is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before,” noted Sutherland. “To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint. Great thanks to 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and the FOX network for this opportunity. Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off. See you soon.”

“Jack Bauer has always been an exciting, thrilling character, and I confess that I've missed him. I think the audience has too,” said executive producer Howard Gordon who served as showrunner for most of the series' run and won multiple Emmy Awards for his work. “The character has evolved through the years, and this new and exciting event series format is perfect to tell the next chapter of his story and continue to reflect how the world is changing. Fans can rest assured that the Jack they know and love will be back.”

Originally premiering November 6, 2001, ‘24' was nominated for a total of 73 Emmy Awards, winning for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006. Over eight seasons, Kiefer Sutherland garnered seven Emmy Award nominations and one win for Outstanding Lead Actor – Drama Series. While the series gained global recognition, Sutherland's portrayal of the legendary character penetrated the American psyche like no other dramatic television character to become part of the cultural lexicon.

24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY is a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television in association with Teakwood Lane Productions. Howard Gordon, Brian Grazer and Kiefer Sutherland will executive produce, along with an additional team to be announced. The original series, which had its last American broadcast on May 24, 2010, was created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran.

Last edited:
Take *that* mr doom and gloom :clap:

Great news!

Something to look forward to for next year while we wait for the World Cup.

Hope it reaches the height of the first couple of seasons as they were excellent.

Bring back the 24 clock! :thumbsup:

I cant' get my head around how they would get this to work to any degree of believability.

At the end of the last series, they took him over the line, from good guy to totally broken vigilante on a personnel vendetta and burning all his bridges.

I assume they will bring back CTU, since the show isn't 24 without it, but it just doesn't make sense that they would ever trust or respect him now. In the last few series he was completely broken but people believed he would do the right thing, now they don't even have that.

The only option is to bring it forward 5-10 years or something and have him cleaned up and worked his way back, but they seem to want to make him more and more a ruined guy as the series progress.

I hope they get it working somehow.

I heard that Kiefer Sutherland drinks to forget all the terrible things Jack Bauer has done.

*snip*

The only option is to bring it forward 5-10 years or something and have him cleaned up and worked his way back, but they seem to want to make him more and more a ruined guy as the series progress.

I hope they get it working somehow.

As in the press release it's set several years following the events of the season final.

I would like to see a confident JB, not one carrying emotional baggage.

Maybe he has served his time in prison and a act of terrorism has taken place on home soil, cue JB who is in the wrong place at the right time, gets the job done, and gets reinstated into CTU.

Promotional key art

xe8s.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to see a confident JB, not one carrying emotional baggage.

I think we all would, but it doesn't fit with how the writers have progressed the show.

I might watch the first series again at some point, to see what he was originally like again, its been too long to remember clearly.

Off-the-books in dependant contractor, similar to you know who in Spooks?

Or the old stand-by "I'll help you stop this terrorist threat, but I'll only talk to Jack! " (having already used "... unless you kill Jack first"

So pleased this has officially been given the go ahead now.

After a few years break I am sure this will be a major success for Fox.

Lets hope we see several new seasons.

Best news like everrrrr

I wonder if this has anything to do with the current films at the cinema like Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down.

Fox's decision to bring 24 back in May 2014 for a twelve-episode season might never have happened if executive producer Howard Gordon hadn't been able to reunite the series' original crew. No, not Tony Almeida, Chloe, and President Palmer (though you never know): Gordon means the original writing staff. When the plans to bring Jack Bauer to the big screen fell apart, Gordon started thinking about doing another season on TV. “Then one day over dinner with Kiefer, I said, ‘You know what? I'll do it [as a TV show], but only if we can get the old team back.' And as it happens, everyone is coming off a show or has got a deal wherein they've got some time. Some of them are on Homeland, so they can come in and pinch-hit,” Gordon told Vulture at the Turner upfronts. (His new thriller Legends, a 24-meets–Bourne Identity series with Sean Bean as an undercover FBI agent, will air on TNT next summer. And, like Bauer, Bean's character is “known for going rogue and not playing well with others.”)
Gordon said he's in talks with many of the series' original writers, including stalwarts Evan Katz, Manny Coto, David Fury, and Chip Johannessen (currently an executive producer on Homeland). Robert Cochran, who co-created the show with Joel Surnow, will also likely return. “It's thrilling to have it out there, but right now we're at the very beginning of the process,” says Gordon, noting that the project is in the very early stages. “I'm really just happy we have time to get the scripts right instead of the usual mad dash to September. It's almost civilized,” he said. In addition to the writers, Gordon is hoping to recruit back some still-standing members of CTU. (All who will be revealed as moles?) As for how the real-time element will work — will they still cover 24 hours, but only in … 12? — Gordon said that's still being worked out. “Once upon a time, we did do a couple of two-hour blocks, and it worked just fine.” In this age of multitasking, perhaps it only takes Bauer a half-day to save the world.

24 Will Reunite Original Writing Staff -- Vulture

Can't wait for this. Season 8, especially the finale was a big let down for me so I hope they can revive it well.

24 is my favourite all time show. It's really weird seeing him in Touch now cos I keep expecting him to just turn into Jack Bauer (although in one episode the other day he did possess the shooting skills of Bauer :D) and kick everyone's ass. It's not right hearing Bauer say 'sweetheart' to a young boy all the time ;)

Just read about this starting again i hope it takes off from where the last series finished. I can not see it working though but this is 24 though and Jack Bauer has probably grown wings and can now fly. Just need to bring back "Lost" now.

Last edited:
I hope they don't **** it up and ruin the 24 name even more. Either do it well or leave it be.

Oh and no more moles in CTU.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom