• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

24 day 8 sky 1

jamiesdad

Established Member
Hi all

Noticed today that 24 day 8 starts on sunday 24th sky 1 and sky 1hd at 9pm:thumbsup:

And repeated Monday sky 1 and hd at 10.00 pm

Cheers

Last edited:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Same with me. Gave up a few seasons ago as it was the same old same old every season. The story might have progressed as the season drew on but I was already bored 2 eps in. However......just the NYC trailers are enough to spark my interest this time round. Will definitely give this one a chance.

thfccambs

Banned
First 4 episodes already avaiable. :clap:

Very good so far. :thumbsup:

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Bugger!

Sky 1 HD are only going to show 2 new episodes this unday and 2 new episode the following sunday. :mad:

I guess I'm just gonna download episode 3, 4 and 5 to watch them back to back. :thumbsup:

Blimey where have you been:DYou've missed out big time.

I know but I don't like watching shows after so many seasons have past and mostly the last seasons often suck like Prison break and the recent Lost seasons.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Just saw the first two episode and I loved it, this was my first viewing of 24.

I'm just gonna wait till next week, I don't want to waste time downloading as I'm already busy with work. Great show but I guess it must get very very repetitive with 8 seasons of Jack "saving the day and usa saves the world". :facepalm:

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Just saw the first two episode and I loved it, this was my first viewing of 24.

Great show but I guess it must get very very repetitive with 8 seasons of Jack "saving the day and usa saves the world". :facepalm:

Repetitive? saving the day? get out off it, there is variety, he had a full beard in one episode for 15mins :D

Only for 24 fans then :)

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Oh God, Jack has a grand daughter, that's one more member of the family who can be kidnapped every hour :eek:

meltonboy

Prominent Member
Oh God, Jack has a grand daughter, that's one more member of the family who can be kidnapped every hour :eek:

You're assuming that the grand daughter is in the "good guy and will be kidnapped" camp (like his wife Teri and his dugahter Kim), rather than the "evil terrorist, but i'm a patriot, you just don't understand" camp (like his dad).

This is 24 - don't take anything for granted. :)

Enjoyed episodes 1 and 2. Hopefyully Renee will be back soon....

MB

I found the first two episodes rather bland and predictable.
It was easy to tell who the insider was.

Hope the episodes get better :(, last season of 24 was the most predictable and least enjoyable of the show for me.

Bring back the babe in the ads, with her tight jeans....now "That's Enterrrtainment"

SparkShot

Prominent Member
I guess I'm just gonna download episode 3, 4 and 5 to watch them back to back. :thumbsup:

whats the point in paying for a sky sub if your just going to download it anyway:suicide:

Promising start to the series anyway although its a bit wierd seeing starbuck not being starbuck.

C225

Distinguished Member
Enjoyed episodes 1 and 2. Hopefyully Renee will be back soon....

MB

Episode 4;)

I thought they were reasonable episodes but a bit slow compared to the start of some other seasons.

Razor

Distinguished Member

LMAO.... I have been moaning about having Kim back in the show in the US thread. I am also just waiting for her to get kidnapped. :facepalm:

Does anyone else think Kim has lost her good looks? Her character is also very weak in the show. I think 24 would be better off without her in it.

bosque

Distinguished Member

Apart from season one, I can't remember Kim being kidnapped in the show, don't think she's even been held against her will except by Tony's woman at the airport in the last season for about five minutes ;)

Sonic67

Banned
She was held on the second day by a crazy guy after escaping from a cougar.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
LMAO.... I have been moaning about having Kim back in the show in the US thread. I am also just waiting for her to get kidnapped. :facepalm:

Does anyone else think Kim has lost her good looks? Her character is also very weak in the show. I think 24 would be better off without her in it.

Yes, I'm not sure why she has to keep coming back into it either.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
She was held on the second day by a crazy guy after escaping from a cougar.

And I seem to remember she was kidnapped multiple times on the first day :D ;)

Well she is Jack's only family in the show, they have to show a human side somehow.
"Grandad......" :facepalm:

BName

Banned
The baby will get kidnapped instead this season :rotfl:

Razor

Distinguished Member
Yes, I'm not sure why she has to keep coming back into it either.

Neither do I. She aint a hot babe any more, she doesnt work for ctu and she isnt a great actress. Why is she still there?

Sometimes shows go wrong when they hang on to certain characters just because they are well known and dont move forward with new fresh faces. Heroes is a bit like this with Sylar and co, Prison Break also suffered from this.

The baby will get kidnapped instead this season :rotfl:

I wouldnt rule it out.

jamiesdad

Established Member
Yes agree on the Kim thing, the daughter in distress act is wearing a bit thin:D

Have got both epps on my planner, but the wife has decided she wants to watch this season, so god only knows when we will get round to watching them:(

jdslater1

Established Member
The granddaughter is a right cutie!

It's weird that Doug Hutchinson and Williamson were both in Kidnapped.

Anyone else think that no scenes were actually shot on any NY street. It's has alot of very high quality green screen shots. The bit in the 1st episode were they are walking down the street was a green scene shot among others. The backgrounds all have this bright/blown out look.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom