1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 Day 4 - commentaries & comments.

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Andy Godfrey, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Andy Godfrey

Andy Godfrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now we've all had time (I hope!) to watch day 4 of "24" - what do we think of the dvd? Can any explain why 2 episodes only have commentaries and why these were not advertised or mentioned on the back of the box. Nearly missed them in the race to watch the next episode. Personally I was a bit disapointed with the extras compared to the previous dvd sets. Still the best thing on tv though!

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    the extras were a bit light. but the show is worth it. Althouh it does become more converluted with each passing season.

Gary

3. Andy Godfrey

Andy Godfrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, guess so, but is exciting stuff. Hear rumors of a movie - will need a lot of pop corn. Any one know any more on that.

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    only news on the movie is that jon cassar has commented on it and it will be going ahead sometime in the future (no date planned) with the video game coming to ps2 in september it will fill in the big 3 & 1/2 year whole between Day 2 & 3. i really hope they dont totally sell the show out but i cant see fox letting them do it to their baby. long live 24 and i hope its still going in 20 years time

oh yer extra's seem to suck but you didnt buy it for the extra's :D

5. Andy Godfrey

Andy Godfrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't buy it for the extras your right - but its a shame they could'nt have matched the previous sets. The game looks good mind. Where can they take Jack now - any guess's.

6. milfordkong

milfordkong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    (DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN | LOTS OF SPOILERS)

I finished day 4 a couple of days ago and although it wasn't my favourite season so far, it was still brilliant and I definitly got more addicted than usual. Was up extremely late a couple of nights as I just couldn't bare to stop watching.

Kept getting extremely funny looks from my missus (Who was watching 24 for the first time) when I started shouting and jumping out of my seat when Tony returned (and again with Palmer).

The finale was unusual in that they tied up the actual terrorist aspect half way through and then concentrated on the Jack vs China / USA thing, loved the final shot though, such an epic show.

I seriously thought Tony was a gonna when he got caught by Mandy (a welcome return for her character too) and was just getting ready for the end of Almeida (thank god that didn't happen, he's a legend).

Overall though, don't really care about the extras i'm just grateful it finally came out (can never watch 24 on tv, just far too frustrating)

Roll on day 5!!

7. Andy Godfrey

Andy Godfrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree that the final eps was unusual - but having watched it a few times (Including on T.V. - Couldn't wait it now seems fitting. Still wonder why missile was not aimed at Washington though. Day 5 needs to bring Jack back in startlling way. Anyone miss Kim - no didn't think so!