• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

24 - Can I watch any season without wathcing the others?

ash

I have watched some 24, but that was on BBC and have no idea what season it was, only watched 2 episodes. I don't have time to watch from Season 1, because of exams, so is it okay to watch season 5 without watching the rest?

KevD

Distinguished Member
You can watch it, and enjoy it! But I would advise watching the other series in advance other wise it be a case of Whos he??, What Daughter?? ;)

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
I have never bothered watching 24 before.

Having recently got sky+ i decided to give this series a go...I thought I'd stick it on the hard drive and catch up with it at some time.

Finally managed to catch up with the first four episodes a week ago :eek: . What a series......I'm hooked. :thumbsup:

I'm looking to borrow Series 1 and 4 from a mate of mine....he tells me not to bother with series 2 & 3.....too far fetched?

Razor

Distinguished Member
Watch them in order. Enjoy the ride. :)

badkarma

ashmufc,

Life's too short mate :) season 5 has been pretty good so far (I've watching on Sky don't know if you're planning the same).

I don't see any reason why you can't start watching it without watching the previous 96 epsiodes :eek:

You'll soon put two and two together. Enjoy :D

Razor

Distinguished Member
badkarma said:
I don't see any reason why you can't start watching it without watching the previous 96 epsiodes :eek:

You'll soon put two and two together. Enjoy :D

Sorry mate but I disagree with that comment. The series does need to be seen in order as it does relate back to previous series.

24 is a bit like pringles once you start you wont be able to stop. Excellent viewing. DVD boxsets are only £17.99 from play.com :)

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Razor said:
Sorry mate but I disagree with that comment. The series does need to be seen in order as it does relate back to previous series.

24 is a bit like pringles once you start you wont be able to stop. Excellent viewing. DVD boxsets are only £17.99 from play.com :)

sub £17 from Amazon I think:eek:

Any order is sort of ok but..... when your dealing with TV this good, hell awesome not good:smashin: YOU owe it to yourself to watch it in order.

I've seen 1-4 in order 1&2 a long time ago so I picked them up cheap recently, just finished watching 1 again (awesome) half way through 2 (awesome), will watch 3 and 4 again which will set me up for watching Season 5 when it arrives on DVD.

FruitBat

Can't speak for the more recent series, but I watched series 2 before series 1 and, although I still enjoyed series 1, it would have been better had I not known certain things in advance.

rob j

Don't even think about not watching 24 in series order! :lesson: :mad: :thumbsup: :D

You'll deprive yourself of some key quality "OH MY GOD, I CAN'T ******* BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED!" moments ;)

But basically, each series follows on from the last, so you really wouldn't get the whole 'experience' of 24 the way you should do.

Watch them all in order mate - you'll thank yourself at the end of it :thumbsup:

And IMO, any mate who tells you not to watch a whole series of 24 at all, well... are you sure you can call him a mate?! :D :rotfl:

Just my 2p worth

Rob100

Has to be watched in order... So many things wouldn't "click" if you had missed any previous episodes/seasons.

At the end of the day it's up to you though...!

Rob.

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
FruitBat said:
Can't speak for the more recent series, but I watched series 2 before series 1 and, although I still enjoyed series 1, it would have been better had I not known certain things in advance.

Yeah same here, I watched two on the BBC before i'd seen the first day, only because i'd missed the start of day one and everyone was making a huge fuss about it. I've now got days 1 - 4 on DVD but i've yet to start watching 3 or 4, saving them for a bleak tv period.

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I concur - you need to watch "24" in full, right from the beginning of Season 1, to the end of Season 4, otherwise you won't understand Season 5!

POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

Examples
- in Season 5 two of the main characters are killed off. If you haven't seen the previous two seasons (at least), then you won't understand the significance of their death.

- at the start of Season 5, you'll notice Jack's been on the run. However, if you haven't seen Season 4, it won't make any sense as to how (and why) he's got back to CTU.

- during Season 3, we meet a new character, but if you haven't seen that season, many of the subtle character development that occurs in Seasons 4 and 5 will be meaningless to you.

END OF SPOILER ALERT!!

To be brutally honest, you have no excuse to NOT watch all 4 Seasons of "24"! :D

Pooch

badkarma

Razor said:
Don't get me wrong its not ideal but wouldn't say impossible to pick up enough of the background stuff to still enjoy S5.

Razor said:

Too true :)

Henry

badkarma said:
Don't get me wrong its not ideal but wouldn't say impossible to pick up enough of the background stuff to still enjoy S5.

I'd go along with that. My girlfriend's just started watching 24 for the first time and has picked it up quite easily.

She's dying to watch the other series now!

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
OMG - what a finale!!

Nope I haven't got hold of some dodgy copy of the latest series, but having been hooked by series 5 I obviously had to try the other starting with series 1.

The Mrs and I watched them all within a week, which I am sure others will have beaten, and we have series 2 due for delivery tomorrow.

I think we will try and watch these is real time over a 24 hour period just so we can get in the spirit a bit more.

By watching the Series on DVD several at a time and the beginning of series 5 where there were 2 at a time seems to make it a better experience than the current one hour a week we get.

I'm almost tempted not to watch any more of series 5 until the box set comes out.

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Watch them in order and enjoy!

Its the best way and i promise you'll be hooked! :D

Wish i had them all still to watch :(

Razor

Distinguished Member
Soldier_I said:
Wish i had them all still to watch :(

You can say that again.

I have started to rewatch 24 season 1. My how the show has grown since then. :smashin:

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Originally Posted by Razor
I have started to rewatch 24 season 1. My how the show has grown since then. :smashin:

Funny you should say that mate. A freind of mine has series 1-4 on dvd and i was seriously thinking about borrowing series 1 & 2. Forgotten most of what happened by now so should be cool .

:smashin:

Razor

Distinguished Member
Soldier_I said:
Funny you should say that mate. A freind of mine has series 1-4 on dvd and i was seriously thinking about borrowing series 1 & 2. Forgotten most of what happened by now so should be cool .

:smashin:

I recomend doing so. Its amazing how much you forget and how many people have taken part in 24. :smashin:

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Originally Posted by Razor
I recomend doing so. Its amazing how much you forget and how many people have taken part in 24.

Yeah you can say that again....

Have you noticed lately that lots of actors from 24 have also starred in various episodes of CSI. Keep seeing lots of 'em popping up all over the place lol

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Originally Posted by ashmufc
Well I have Season 1, 2 and 4 so far. Hopefully I can watch them in July/August after exams, maybe a 24 hour marathon :D

Well each episode is only 45mins running time approx so your looking at around 18hrs per series of actual running time :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom