23WLT46 ... yes i did get the model no right :)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by hinesle, Jan 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hinesle

hinesle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just a quick note to say I collected my 23WLT46 from Currys today (£300) once I traded in some Currys vouchers that is!!!!. Anyway the reason for the post is to mention that this screen is the only one I have seen with integrated Freeview (although no DVI) at a reasonable size/price for a second TV. In my opinion the picture is ‘OK’ but does not take your breath away, although this seems to be consistent with all my LCD’s auditions. I have just been playing around with the settings for a while and there are reduced configuration options for the Digital source as opposed to the analogue, go figure…..

Overall I am fairly pleased with the purchase although I must say the blacks (again in my opinion) are not great compared to the Sony CRT it replaced.

If anyone else out there has the same screen I would be interested in your views and, if anyone is interested ill update this link when I get more accustomed to the screen

2. mister woody

mister woody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have one of these and was very pleased when bought in October last year.
    Imagine our surprise when the sound gave up after 2 months.
    4 weeks after reporting this fault the TV was returned and working.
    Another 2 months later, the sound has gone again. Let's hope they can attend to it more quickly this time.
    Otherwise, the picture is a lot better than our old conventional set. Pixelation can be seen close up only. Had to fiddle a bit to set the brightness, contrast etc. for watching DVD but now it's fine. (we use a laptop as the DVD player so, with speakers attached, can still use it while waiting for repair)
    To end oon a positive, it's great to have built in Freeview. We got to see the Long Way Round!

3. Marty2

Marty2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a 23WLT46 which I have been very pleased with to date, BUT it has just lost the sound on digital. Sound seems ok on analogue.
    Is it a TV setting or a fault?
    Marty