23" HDTV's

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Marc88, Apr 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Marc88

Marc88
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any 'budget' 23" sets available?

Only seems to be the Samsung 23" models available and they cost the same as the 32" budget models. The Mirai for example. Begrudge paying £350 for a 23" tv when i can get a 32" one for the same price. I know the quality on the Samsung will be better but was just wondering if anyone had come across any cheaper 23" models as i cant seem to find anything.

2. ggr2k5

ggr2k5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Dixons do a Humax 23" set for around £325, but the freeview picture is not the best.
    I'd stick with the Samsung if I were you.

3. Blackbolt360

Blackbolt360

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    There in lies the question, Size over quality! :p Do you want a bigger but crapper quality TV or a smaller but better quality TV. It all depends on the viewing distance of course.

4. bladesew

bladesew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking for a portable LCD TV for our bedroom - preferably with integrated Freeview and widescreen. I'm generally disappointed that most sets seem to be pretty expensive when you compare them to their 32'+ equivalents. There are some budget sets which are nearer what I would expect to pay - i.e. the Luxor 1515d at £170 (with Freeview but 4:3).

If I have to pay £200+ for a portable TV I'm tempted to just hang on to the 14' CRT and buy a separate Freeview box for now.