22" LCD TV/Monitors

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by tdiethe, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tdiethe

tdiethe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there! I'm new to this forum, so thanks for any help :) I've done a fair amount of searching, so please don't flame me if this exact questions been asked before!

Basically I'm looking to get a 22" LCD monitor that will also serve as a TV in my bedroom as I'm seriously short of space. I've found the following LCD tv's:

LG M228WA £214 (savastore)
    LG M228WA (inc dig tuner) £237 (savastore)
    Hyundai Blue-H £198 (micom)
    Samsung SM225MW £240 (ebuyer)
    Samsung SM225MD (inc dig tuner) £275 (ebuyer)
    Dabsvalue £195

1)
    I've seen a lot about the LG which seems to say it's a good monitor but the TV's not much cop. Is this generally true for all of them? Has anyone had a play with the Samsung? I can't find much at all about the Hyundai and I'm always a bit wary of dabsvalue stuff.

2)
    Is it worth getting the versions with a digital tuner or are the in built tuners rubbish? I could just keep using my current Humax box which does a reasonable job.

3)
    Is it worth going down this line at all? Should I just get a 22" LCD monitor (no tv) and use some other box of tricks (does this exist?) to watch TV on it?

TIA!

2. KabukiDreamBoy

KabukiDreamBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm in the same boat as you so thanks for posting a list of possibles! I'd be inclined to go for the Samsung one from Ebuyer with the built in freeview though aparently you can't use this with the PIP function which seems very strange as that would be the whole point of having the PIP option. If you find something good then let us know:)

3. tdiethe

tdiethe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I've started thinking along different lines. I'm starting to think that these combined boxes aren't really up to scratch, and that it might be better to get a separate 22" LCD monitor and a Digital Tuner -> VGA box such as the following:

AverMedia STB9 http://www.mediaatlantic.com/product.php/45701/1506/
    £129.94 + postage £6.85 = £136.79

Hyundai ImageQuest N220W-A 22" http://www.ebuyer.com/product/128411
    £139.68 inc postage

Total: £276.47