• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

21st April 2013

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
This month Phil reports on the recent LG trip to South Korea and we discuss the three biggest TVs of the year so far, the Panasonic VT65, GT60 and Samsung F8500 Plasma TVs.

Time:00:54:15 | File Size: 74mb | Direct Link

Please leave your feedback and your opinions on the subjects discussed below.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJP75

Prominent Member
Thank you gents for a very interesting look at LG and the way in which the company is structured.

Based upon the conversation it appears the South Koreans have a similar company-employee culture as their Japanese counterparts. I did smile at the LG and Samsung employees never swapping 'sides' (same said for KIA and Hyundai).

Cheers.

Ten80p

Banned
Another Professional, informative and last but no means least interesting show. Thank you for making my journeys tolerable.

meltonboy

Prominent Member
Really enjoyed the LG section. Sounds like they looked after you whilst you were there as well. I kept thinking that if they really needed software engineers, why don't they offer bigger salaries to the samsung people. As you said, that didn't seem to be the done thing.

When it comes to labour and employment i'm very much a "free market" person, but it made me think that employee loyalty can be built and be very strong, but of course it needs to be two way. Most of us working in the UK now and for the past few years realise that we could be made redundant at any time, but we wouldn't think twice about moving if someone came along with a nice increase in package.

Bring on 4G and OLED, then :)

MB

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom