1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

21' tv with good sound

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by breezer, Oct 28, 2001.

1. breezer

breezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, This is my first post but i have been visiting a lot lately.

Our family have decided to buy our gran a new tv for christmas, she is hard of hearing and needs a high volume to hear anything. I had a look in currys/comet today and none of the 21' 4.3 came close to having a good sound without distortion.
    Could anyone recommend a good set with speakers that have a bit of umph.
    ----
    Secondly my philips is now entering its 7th year and luckly I have enought dosh to buy a 36' tv. I like the look of the tosh 36zp but is it realy the luck of the draw wherever you get a good set or a lemon.
    I have b&w 603 speakers, a yamaha center and sub in close proximity to the tv, could this effect the picture quality.

ta for your comments
    breezer:)

2. S

S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hello Breezer,

I bought a Sony KV21LS30 recently as a second telly and I've been well impressed. Apart from the screen shape, it's got absolutely everything my KV28FX20 has and then some. Not bad considering it cost less than half the price.

Sound is NICAM stereo, 7W rms. It might not sound much but it's plenty loud enough.

RRP is £350, but I got mine for £275 from John Lewis who price-matched Empire Direct.