1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

21 inch flatscreen tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kefka, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Kefka

Kefka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna be getting a 21inch tv for my bedroom for playing games (ps2, xbox) and watching dvds. I was wondering which manufacturers make the best tv's in this size. It needs to be able to handle ntsc as a lot of my dvds are ntsc. My main concern is picture quality as i've got a surround system to handle the sound.

Thanks.

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Sony do a rather lovely 21" WEGA for around £260-300. That'd ne my choice (one version is Mono and the other NICAM)

Toshiba also do a flatscreen model but IMO the Sony has it for picture quality....

3. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    21" 4:3 televisions are a bit of a dying breed, but I would definately agree that the two Sony models mentioned above would seem to be the best choices available to you.

Of the two, I would go for the KV21LS30. The advantages it offers over the cheaper KV21LT1 are that it has stereo sound and, I think more importantly, it offers two scart sockets (one RGB capable, the other s-video capable).

The one thing I would be wary of, some Sony tv's won't let you watch NTSC through the s-video scart (although you can still watch NTSC through the RGB scart if your dvd player allows for it).

There are ways around this, but it involves going into the service menu. If this is likely to be an issue, I would try out your NTSC source on one of these tv's before buying it. I bought a 50hz Sony, and NTSC works fine on all inputs, so I don't think that all models are effected.

Panasonic also do a 21", but I think it has only one (RGB) scart and no s-video inputs (though I'm not certain on this).

Hope this helps,

Bob.