1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

21-25" LCD without speakers???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by AlShack, Aug 6, 2004.

1. AlShack

AlShack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a widescreen LCD of this size without speakers, or with detachable ones?

I'm after a small-ish LCD to sit in the corner of the room, but I don't need speakers as I already have a surround-sound speaker system.

Would also prefer the TV to be in black.

Don't want much eh!!!

Been looking around and can't find anything ... :confused:

Cheers
    Al

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    It's not black, and it has speakers attatched....., but apart from that have you considered Toshiba's 26" Stasia set WL46. It's speakers are underneath the screen and therefore the set is narrower than most lcd sets of the same size, (15cm narrower than Pan tx26 for example). Plus it's roughly the same height as other 26" sets which have their speakers on the side, (only 1cm taller than the Pan).

Worth a look as it's also 16:9/1366:768, (acc. to what hi-fi), whereas almost all other lcds are 15:9. PQ 2nd only to the Pan, and with 5 stars in all cats in recent what hi-fi lcd round up. Plus it has 2 component and 3 scart inputs, (inc 2 rgb) plus pc input. It's also reasonably priced as I picked one up from Unbeatable for £1,275 including delivery.

Just thinking, if 26" is to large, Sony has a nice looking/specced 23" lcd.

Think you're gonna have dificulty getting a black lcd panel that also comes without speakers to be honest.

3. AlShack

AlShack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    I'd be careful with the manufacturers 'quoted' contrast levels as they often bear little resemblance to their actual contrast levels when tested in the mags.

As for the lg screen, while it looks interesting I'm a little concerened about it's response time being 25ms. Most new screens are 16ms, with future screens being 8ms. I believe the quicker the response time the less smearing the tv suffers from. Though I may be wrong on this one!?

5. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The Sharp LC22-AD1E has removable speakers.