20WLT56B finding new channels

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Liz935, May 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Liz935

Liz935
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this tv for six weeks and it 'finds' 29 new channels every day, even though they were there the day before, then loads them at the end of the list. I've tried turning off automatic upgrade, Toshiba have replaced the tv, but it has not made any difference. It's irritating to have to put them back into order each day. Toshiba say they can't do anything to remedy this and have offered a refund, but does anyone have any remedies for this. There is no problem with aerial, coax or signal strength as the 3 other digboxes in the house work fine.

2. Nick Gooseman

Nick Gooseman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having exactly the same problems. I have had 3 sets now and they have all been the same. I have also had problems with the digital tuner locking up occasionally on switch on (I just get a multi coloured screen and no sound). I am now trying to get my money back from Dixons with some difficulty and considering getting a Sony KDL-20S2020. Anyone got one of these ?

Update 10/5/07 - Dixons have now agreed to either refund my money or supply the Sony KDL for the same price as the Toshiba set which seems pretty fair.

3. Liz935

Liz935
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba said they couldn't resolve the problem and authorised a release code to get my money back from John Lewis. Swopped it for a JVC which works fine but it doesn't have the pip that the Toshiba had, and so you can't check other channels in the guide while still watching the current channel.