1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20th Century Roadshow

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Lunar Humps, May 13, 2005.

1. Lunar Humps

Lunar Humps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This program beggars belief, and it goes out primetime (8pm) on a Thursday.

For those who haven't seen it, its Antiques Roadshow featuring the s :censored:t our parents bought or the s :censored: t we bought 10 years ago. So it's a car boot sale, minus the cars.

Tonight's was a total train-crash. I could barely watch for the sound of clashing metal. The first member of public brings on a priceless..........mincer. Yep, a manual, cast-iron, clamp-on-the-kitchen-table MINCER. She then proclaims, repeatedly, of how it was bought in the 50s and it's an original. If you seen a mincer recently, this one was EXACTLY the same. The valuation: £25. Repeat - primetime on a Thursday.

More horrors were to follow. Some 30something male and a ratty suitcase of equally ratty, unboxed, Star Wars crud. Like that's not common. None of it was valued save some stormtrooper figure who's trousers were the wrong colour, making it 'collectable'.......A woman with a couple of glass fruit bowls she bought from a charity shop and still had not appreciated in value.

20th Century Roadshow - the worst program of the 21st Century. Those BBC cutbacks can't come soon enough.

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    As a '30 something' myself I must say I have enjoyed watcing the series.
    Makes a refreshing change from all the reality/celebrity TV crap aimed at the teenies and 20 somethings.

Either way it's still 'cheap TV' that they can fill another hour with.

3. Lunar Humps

Lunar Humps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Agreed. I think we've all had more than our fill of reality/celebrity chog long ago.

My big issue is with 20th Century Roadshow and it's time slot on BBC1. There are programs equally as lightweight, and they get the suitable viewing times, ie daytime. This should be 2pm on Wednesday. And edited down to 30mins.

That said...I'll be watching next Thursday. :blush: It's like a sore tooth, you can't stop touching it.

4. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I hope you are joking! (I'm in my mid 40's and I still think it's crap,) However the, can't get lower than low ITV start a show on Monday that could plunge to newer depths, and I can't bloody remember it's name!