• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

20mb upgrade any more info?

alan sh

I keep checking the virginmedia/changes site for information. But nothing changes.....

So, anyone know when/if we are getting this nice upgrade.

Alan

sleepyone

I was told end of May by Customer Services. But they are notoriously tight-lipped about when the sppeds are available.

When they went to 10mb i found I had it 4 weeks before they made an official annoucement.

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
I was told end of May by Customer Services. But they are notoriously tight-lipped about when the sppeds are available.

When they went to 10mb i found I had it 4 weeks before they made an official annoucement.

Same here.
Best thing to do is turn your modem off and on every now and then to see if there is any speed increase.

johnny5alv

Standard Member
Slightly OT, but I Remember when I went up to 10MB, they had to check to make sure my modem was capable.. They said that I was lucky because the modem I have is just rated for 10MB, no more.

So, does anyone know how/when I can get my modem upgraded? Do I just ring CS and ask them to upgrade it? Or do I have to wait until the 20MB service is fully up n running?

Cheers
Jon

SibTiger33

Slightly OT, but I Remember when I went up to 10MB, they had to check to make sure my modem was capable.. They said that I was lucky because the modem I have is just rated for 10MB, no more.

So, does anyone know how/when I can get my modem upgraded? Do I just ring CS and ask them to upgrade it? Or do I have to wait until the 20MB service is fully up n running?

Cheers
Jon

tell them your modem's not working :rotfl: :D :D

quickest way to get an engineer out to replace your modem

(when they go through the diag with u make sure your modem is off or play with your router settings - and just say "its not working " to all of the questions the tech guys ask u - that should do the job :devil: :devil: )

thats what i did before the 10mb roll out a while back

Synchronicity

tell them your modem's not working :rotfl: :D :D

quickest way to get an engineer out to replace your modem

(when they go through the diag with u make sure your modem is off or play with your router settings - and just say "its not working " to all of the questions the tech guys ask u - that should do the job :devil: :devil: )

thats what i did before the 10mb roll out a while back

Thats not really true anymore-they have got a system set up again which allows them to send out replacement modems in the post,so if a modem is knackered they will just send out a new one and we wont have to wait in for an engineer:smashin: Cheaper for them and easier for us=everyones happy!

Saviola

Pretty sure they are doing some line testing in my Region, LU7. I kept getting line outages and when they came back I was getting 15+mb but it wouldn't last long before I went out again.

In all honesty I don't fully utilise 10mb but 20mb is good for bragging rights ;), when it works.

SibTiger33

Thats not really true anymore-they have got a system set up again which allows them to send out replacement modems in the post,so if a modem is knackered they will just send out a new one and we wont have to wait in for an engineer:smashin: Cheaper for them and easier for us=everyones happy!

now that is great ;-)

p.s it would seem as though alot of people have already been upgraded to 20mb
(may be worth alot of poeple power cycling your modems - seems alot of people in the kent/cambridge area have been updated)

Synchronicity

now that is great ;-)

p.s it would seem as though alot of people have already been upgraded to 20mb
(may be worth alot of poeple power cycling your modems - seems alot of people in the kent/cambridge area have been updated)

I agree,they will probably do the upgrade as they usually do,ie one area at a time in case they come across any problems and they wont officially announce when they are doing this cos that would just end up with hundreds of thousands of people calling them up whinning"WHERES MY 20mb??I want my 20mb!":rotfl:

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom